Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#64617 - 09/10/04 10:09 AM Babies Injections (Bedar, Costa Almeria)
Philippa Offline

Loc: Bedar, Costa Almeria
I am currently 9 weeks pregnant and so, all being well, we are expecting our first child on 13th April 2005.

However we are then moving out to Bedar (Costa Almeria) on 31st July when the baby will only be 3 months old.

The UK offers a comprehensive set of preventive injections for children throughout their school years but I have heard this is not the case in Spain.

Is anyone aware of any injections offered? Or even to pay privately?

#64618 - 09/10/04 09:09 PM Re: Babies Injections (Bedar, Costa Almeria)
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
I'm not sure if preventive injections are the same as vaccinations. Vaccinations for diptheria, tetanus, polio, mumps, measles, rubella, etc. are taken very seriously in Spain and all doctors and health centers put enormous effort into educating people and making sure all children are vaccinated at the proper times. They're quite successful - I don't have the figures, but the percentage of properly vaccinated children is very high.

If you mean more optional vaccinations for other diseases that only recently have become available, like the one for chicken pox (varicela), I don't know. Maybe someone there now will know. I'd imagine, though, if it isn't used widely, someone would be able to offer it. I have found the Spanish medical community to be very up-to-date.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2588 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments