Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#64407 - 04/28/04 06:52 AM NEED HELP!
jytclm Offline

Loc: Virginia USA
Does anyone know of a company in Madrid called Liberty Saguros Security Company S.A.? I am trying to find out if it is on the up and up. Thamks jytclm@peoplepc.com

#64408 - 04/28/04 10:10 AM Re: NEED HELP!
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
Yes the company is legitimate. They were recently acquired by liberty mutual of boston. www.libertymutual.com

#64409 - 04/28/04 12:05 PM Re: NEED HELP!
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
Liberty Mutual, a major insurance group, is in the Spanish market (for info check out their website at www.libertymutual.com. ) However, in your message you misspell "Seguros," the Spanish term used with insurance as "Saguros" and the word "security" does nothing but repeat an incorrect translation of "Seguros" in this context. You also provide no other contact details for this company.

From my experience, this appears to be a look-alike that is used to perpetrate various scams, from bogus lottery scams to advance fee scams. If the contact information is a phone number that starts with "34" (Country code for Spain) followed by a nine digit number begining with a "6," and or has an "Apartado Postal" (Post Office Box) address, it is most likely a scam.

#64410 - 04/28/04 01:00 PM Re: NEED HELP!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
jytclm, I'm glad you posted your question here. You sent me an email on this topic and I'm sorry I haven't gotten to it and subsequently got buried under by others. Very very sorry for that.

You mentioned they sent you a notice of something - shall I share that here or would you like to bring it up. Well, it sounded "fishy" to me. I don't know if it was something you had expected beforehand or if it came as a total suprised. I mean to say, was there some slim possibility that you were to receive such a notice?

If you would copy the message you received here in this thread we'll look it over. "Fishy" or questionable emails have "holes" like cell-phone numbers as contact phone numbers, post-office box addresses or non-existant addresses, or misspellings, all of these things ChrisR mentioned above.

We've had postings of those kinds of things and we were able to help. Can you give us more details? If not, don't worry about it. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1795 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments