Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#64340 - 04/04/04 09:38 AM Women's Professional Basketball in Spain (Questions)
lasketchup Offline

Hello all,

Sorry I wasn't quite sure where to post this so I hope this place is ok. What are the requirements for getting on a spanish women's basketball team? Is it stricter then the u.s. or easier to get on? What I mean by that is do they have try-outs or would I need to request a special invitation? Just a few questions I would like to know for the possible future.

I tryed going to one of the spain basketball sites for women that also was supposed to have information in english but the site no longer works. Also what are all of the names for the pro basketball leagues for women. I'm trying to figure out where to start my search for information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Allison

#64341 - 04/05/04 04:25 AM Re: Women's Professional Basketball in Spain (Questions)
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
There is just one women pro b'ball league and, to be true, it is only semi-pro. Only the foreign players and those in the richest clubs are able to earn the money enough for living. Its name is, surprisingly, Liga Femenina, and it is ruled by the Spanish Basketball Federation (as it is common in all sports in Europe). The Website (in Spanish only) of the Federation is FEB

It has 14 teams/clubs. Each of the clubs are allowed to have just 2 non-EU players in their rosters. I cannot say how they get to sign a foreign player, but I supposed that it is done through agents.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2603 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments