MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#64227 - 03/17/04 09:40 AM An apology to Spaniards
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
My most sincere apologies go out to all the wonderful Spaniards we had whom once felt safe and at-home here on our message board. frown

Now all these warm & helpful people are being attacked and I can't blame them for not wanting to return. Why would one go someplace where they don't feel welcome?

To all Spaniards reading this but not participating in the discussions, I'm so truly & deeply sorry for this reaction by many many new members.

Sincerley, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#64228 - 03/17/04 10:21 AM Re: An apology to Spaniards
Miguelito Offline

Thank you MM, I'll try to keep on just selecting the threads.
I usually tried to avoid the thread about politics, and although it could be interesting for a lot of people here to see our vision of what has happenned here and how is each one and so on, I'll have to avoid those threads again.
Don't worry for me, I have gone over ofenses.

#64229 - 03/17/04 10:35 AM Re: An apology to Spaniards
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
You don't have to apologize for anything, MM.
You are a great American (aunque yo ya te he adoptado, compatriota!) and I KNOW that there are millions like you out there.

There are close minded people everywhere, here too.
But they must not undermine our will to participate and debate ideas, that's the main purpose of the Internet.

#64230 - 03/17/04 10:42 AM Re: An apology to Spaniards
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
boink

#64231 - 03/17/04 11:02 AM Re: An apology to Spaniards
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Do not apoligize MadridMan! There is no reason for it.

I've been in this Message Board for almost two years. I like to help people who want to come here, I practice my english (which, believe it or not, has improved slightly), and I adore to share opinions and enrich myself with another culture and others opinions.

It has been a luxury to be able (and allowed by you) to post here whatever I wish to. I'm very thankful as a madrileño for the staunch support americans (and other foreigners) have show here in recent days.

I think that the absence of other madrileños have nothing to do with the "bashing" (new word to my english vocabulary learnt here...) a couple (a minimum little minority) of people has done here. There are extremists everywhere. I hope my fellow citizens come back soon. It is not that they don't like the board, they are out for tapas! laugh

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Fernando

PD: That politics forum you have suggested would be a very good idea. That way the people who like them and can't shut up their mouths (like me wink ) would have an excellent place to voice their opinions without disturbing other who are not interested in nothing but how to enjoy their trips to Spain.

#64232 - 03/17/04 11:31 AM Re: An apology to Spaniards
Wally Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA, USA
MadridMan, if I may ask, were my sentiments removed because of something I said, or the way I said it?

#64233 - 03/17/04 11:33 AM Re: An apology to Spaniards
Wally Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA, USA
Ugh, I forgot to remove that tagline. My apologies.

#64234 - 03/17/04 12:14 PM Re: An apology to Spaniards
CynicalWisdom Offline

MadridMan, I read your explanation in the other string, and accept your explanation.

I mainly wanted to post however, to express agreement with Fernando about a political thread, it would be an outstanding idea.

#64235 - 03/17/04 12:19 PM Re: An apology to Spaniards
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Wally, I don't think I've removed any of your postings - at least I don't recall doing it although there's a chance that you happened to post in the thread which began by someone calling Spaniards "a bunch of cowards". Since that person started the thread I couldn't remove his posting without removing the entire thread so poof, there it went out the window. Wally, your postings have been respectful and intelligent. Thank you for that.

CynicalWisdom: A Political Category is on the way. Seems a necessity now.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#64236 - 03/17/04 12:45 PM Re: An apology to Spaniards
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Please, Spanish friends, don't leave the board! This board has done so much to make the world a little smaller, and you are an enormous part of that! We can't afford to let the people who yell the loudest to dominate the conversations, especially since we have a history of being able to share information freely and respectfully here.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2721 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments