Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#64025 - 12/19/03 11:32 AM this is for madridman
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hey everybody

well i came here to ask you to please resurrect an old spain-related topic.

i don't remember the name, i totally forgot it.
but what i do remember is that the topic was about S.A.D.(seasonal affective disorder)and the low incidence of it in spain. it also dealt with the overall benefits spain has on human happiness in relation to countries like finland,sweden etc(these countries are mentioned in the thread.

i will appreaciate if you can bring it back or just let me see it so that i can print it.

thanks in advance smile

#64026 - 12/19/03 01:28 PM Re: this is for madridman
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi fmiketheman!
I conducted a full-message board search using the word DISORDER and found 10 results. Of those, I found the one to which you must be referring. You can find it in the " The joy of Spain! " thread in the "About Spain" forum, thread started by El Boqueron a couple years ago. Enjoy!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#64027 - 12/19/03 02:54 PM Re: this is for madridman
fmiketheman Offline

hey everybody

thanks again madridman!

i will enjoy!

#64028 - 12/22/03 11:13 AM Re: this is for madridman
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Wow, that is an old thread, I was the one that mentioned it in the thread:
Quote:
El Boqueron, did the article make any mention of the SAD ( seasonal affect disorder) syndrome as a possible factor in depression in the other countries?
SAD is a phenomenon that seems to afflict people in the far North who may be deprived of sunlight for months on end, producing depression. Here in the States the National Institute of Mental Health has studies that verify this phenomena. Of the countries you mentioned Spain seemed to be the only one enjoying more sunshine than the rest. I wonder if the same holds true of Italy?

#64029 - 12/22/03 04:10 PM Re: this is for madridman
fmiketheman Offline

hey everybody

it is obviously more common the farther away from the equator a land is and vice a versa.

in 50 or more degrees latitudes it might afflict the people from as long as from september to april.

i bet they're pretty much adapted to the excessive lack of light in their long winters.

summer is short but beautiful hence the land of the midnightsun.

in spain it could affect GALICIA and ASTURIAS and other parts of MARINE SPAIN.thats because of the frequenr rain and overcast skies in winter(this winter it is not so bad).

some years it could affect Madrid as well.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2060 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments