Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#63931 - 11/03/03 05:29 PM Correct Madrid address?
Lensman Offline

Hi,

I am trying to figure out if there is anything missing from the following two Madrid addresses.

For example, is the first address missing a number after Madrid? Or, is that number only needed for an address to a post office box, as done in the second address? If there is a number missing, is there a web site similar to www.usps.gov for finding that number or finding the codigo postal. By the way, what does "modulo" refer to?

First Name, Last Name
calle barc #12 bajo F.
CODIGO POSTAL 28028.
MADRID

First Name, Last Name
modulo 20
codigo postal 28051
apartado de correos 410
madrid 9

Thanks in advance.

#63932 - 11/03/03 07:18 PM Re: Correct Madrid address?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Lensman!
I'm no expert on this one so hopefully someone, Spaniards or otherwise, can help better than I can. Seems to me that BOTH have defects.

Example Nº1:
The street address seems fine except I don't think they use the # sign for address number. Instead, that line should be:

Calle Barc, 12 bajo F

And they don't write CODIGO POSTAL - that's just to tell you the next item is the postal code. Instead, I believe that third line should be:

28028 Madrid (postal code before city name)

Then.... hmmm... under Madrid somewhere... maybe (but probably not necessary) put SPAIN underlined if you're shipping FROM the USA or other English-Speaking country.

So, it seem that Example Nº1 should look like:

First Name, First Last Name, Second Last Name
Calle Barc, 12 bajo F
28028 Madrid
SPAIN

I'm not sure about Example Nº2. Seems to be all mixed up to me but I don't know much about post office box addresses. "Apartado de Correos 410" is "post office box number 410". But again, the postal code, city name line should be like:

28051 Madrid

I don't have any idea what the "madrid 9" is in your Example Nº2. Seems to be a mistake to me.

You can find Postal Code Numbers if you know the street name and number at Spain's postal website @ http://www.Correos.es . I had to do a search to find the "Código Postal" page as they've removed it from the front page but you'll find it at http://www.correos.es/13/04/index.asp .

Okay Spaniards, et.al.. Any other suggestions?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#63933 - 11/04/03 06:34 AM Re: Correct Madrid address?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I may be able to help with the first one:
Quote:
First Name, Last Name
calle barc #12 bajo F.
CODIGO POSTAL 28028.
MADRID
should read:

First name, Last name
C/ barc #12, bajo F.
28028, Madrid

I don't know what modulo refers to so I'll just pass on the second one.

#63934 - 11/04/03 08:10 AM Re: Correct Madrid address?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree with MM

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2723 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments