Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#63848 - 09/20/03 10:58 PM Hey Madrid Man .......do u know......el Bulli?
pippo Offline

Loc: tarraco
Your web is wonderful , it.s amazing that I.m learning things of Spain from a non spaniard person , but yo tengo que recomendarte 2 things os Spain that not everybody knows:

1.- El Bulli : The best restaurant in all whole world ( for The New Yorker , The Bild , and Wine and Food)

2.- La Tomatina: U must go there !!!!! It.s incredible THE GRTEATEST FOOD BATTLE OF WORLD!!!!.....a mega orlando fight , but very fun.
In Buñol town ( Valencia) , the last wednesday of august....

Well , congratulations........This site is GREAT!!!

#63849 - 09/20/03 11:50 PM Re: Hey Madrid Man .......do u know......el Bulli?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi pippo! Welcome to our ALL SPAIN Message Board and thanks for your kind words. smile

I don't know the El Bulli restaurant. Where in Spain is this located? Is it in Madrid?

I haven't been to La Tomatina either but hear it is a REAL experience. Hopefully someday...

We all look forward to more of your advice, pippo!! smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#63850 - 09/21/03 12:16 AM Re: Hey Madrid Man .......do u know......el Bulli?
pippo Offline

Loc: tarraco
Well El Bulli is in la provincia of Girona and you must take a very winding road ....

This restaurant have 3 michelin stars ( top awards) and his cook Ferran Adria is considered the best of century)........

But...in the other hand you have too book a table 8-12 months before....and a Degustation Menu is abous 120 euros ( without wine)

I went last year and RHIS I A MUST , u have to go at least one time in your life.

Saludos

PIPPO

#63851 - 09/21/03 08:38 PM Re: Hey Madrid Man .......do u know......el Bulli?
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hello everybody

does tarraco exist?
is it somewhere in spain?

well that was off-topic.but i must say i have heard about la tomatina.

they say it rules.
also tourists usually get into some culture shock that has to do with a group of local bunolenses pulling at your shirt in attempt to rip it off from you.this is regardless of the person being male or female. eek
otherwise anybody can enjoy this great fiesta.

#63852 - 09/22/03 01:23 AM Re: Hey Madrid Man .......do u know......el Bulli?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tarraco is the original roman name for Tarragona.

Buñol maybe fun, but it's somehow a shame that people throw each other so many tons of tomatoes, when there's a lot of people hungry in the world. Besides, it's only atractive consists of the originality of the idea, however, it's not so original becuase there are very similar street parties where people thow water each other the like.

#63853 - 09/22/03 01:49 PM Re: Hey Madrid Man .......do u know......el Bulli?
Rocinante Offline

Loc: N. Redondo Beach, CA
Maybe all these hungry people should visit Buñol once a year...otherwise they can buy their own tomatoes.

Viva la tomatina!

#63854 - 09/22/03 05:50 PM Re: Hey Madrid Man .......do u know......el Bulli?
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hey everybody

that goes to show how many tomatoes spain produces. they always have more.
oh and about the water waste theres probably more tomatoes in valencia community than water.

ignacio

oh so tarraca is the roman name for tarragona.thats interesting.its true that most of spains cities and towns have "non-spanish" names.

i used to have a friend who is from tarragona but we was son of galicia.
i love catalunya in fact i love all of spain as well.my favorite regions are galicia,pais vasco,asturias and catalunya.
i like the rest in second place.

#63855 - 09/22/03 07:49 PM Re: Hey Madrid Man .......do u know......el Bulli?
Anonymous
Unregistered

...otherwise they can buy their own tomatoes.

Sure, tell this to the Ethiopians, they probably don't know that all they have to do is go to the nearest shop and buy them, that's why they DIE of hunger. mad rolleyes

DO you believe in Jesus Christ? Forgive me if this is a too personal question. I am always surpised by the number of people who consider themselves believers but don't care a dammn for other people dying of hunger while they are overweighted by loads of hamburguers.

Fmiketheman:

I like the North much better, also. Cantabrico sea area is great! smile cool

Yes, they have more tomatoes than water because they throw away the scarce water for fancy crops that could be produced much more efficiently elsewhere, and then steal water from the north (Aragón and Cataluña), while the whole country pays for the tranfer.

Not to speak of the golf courses in almost desertic areas ... rolleyes mad eek

#63856 - 09/23/03 07:47 AM Re: Hey Madrid Man .......do u know......el Bulli?
mikey Offline

Loc: ny
Ignacio,

I'm sure you're talking about people of all countries that are "overweighted by loads of hamburguers." Right?

#63857 - 09/23/03 08:20 AM Re: Hey Madrid Man .......do u know......el Bulli?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sure! I didn't mention any particular country, did I?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments