Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#60827 - 10/02/01 06:32 PM How to send luggage home
Marcel Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Hola everybody,

I just arrived in Spain yesterday. I love the city but have gotten lost about three times already. Anyways I realized that I have way too much luggage and want to know if there is a way that I can send my luggage home? Preferably as cheap as possible.

Gracias,
Marcel

P.S. If anyone is looking for somebody to hang out with or do a tapa crawl,I would love to. But my spanish is not muy bueno as of yet and I am lost in this city.

#60828 - 10/02/01 07:23 PM Re: How to send luggage home
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Do a search under "luggage" or "shipping home" or something, I posted awhile ago with the exact words my study abroad newsletter gave us with the different methods, costs, and restrictions to send stuff.

#60829 - 10/02/01 10:04 PM Re: How to send luggage home
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
How would you send luggage if you were at home? Same applies here wink

You have companies as UPS, Seur, etc speciallized on sending things to one place to another, and they work pretty well.

Regards.

Fernando

#60830 - 11/03/01 12:13 AM Re: How to send luggage home
Michael Allen Offline

Loc: Oxford MS, USA
Yep, I know the feeling.

Before I read The Art of Travel I had no idea about how to travel. I went to Europe with a class and then we stayed over and toured independently afterwards. Never having been on a multi-city european vacation, I was only concerned with my bag around the Airport, trainstation, etc. I NEVER thought about lugging my 50lb bag up and down the Paris subway across three trains changing platforms each time! It wasn't a problem before because I was riding in a coach with the class. Afterwards, I understood the hell of trying to get my extra large bags through the turnstyles. I got looks from the locals like "Why the hell do you need such a large bag!"

Hehe, they say that experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test before the lesson!

Long story short, I ended up sending some of my clothes home in London via Parcel Force. I couldn't find a UPS, but I was desperate.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2037 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments