Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#60831 - 10/08/01 06:42 AM what a response!!!!!
beckham Offline

Loc: ireland
Thanks to all for the response to my concerns on Puerta Del Sol. in reply some of you
Mick Nick - yes there are muggings/burgularies where I live, so much more than that as well, i have to sell my home for my own safety! thats what I didn't want was to go on hol and find I the same scenario!
Madridman- yes the spanish girl is from Madrid, when I told her where the hostal was, her face said it all! she said that there is alot of muggings and esp coming to x-mas it will be more often- she spoke English with me.
Booklady - what a fantastic idea? pampers?ridiculous - no way!!!what next?
GranadaGirl - the tip about the map is great !just printed a small sized map to fit in a newspaper or magazine
El Perrito- where is Suecia??is that the Swedish for Sweden/Stockholm??- will try to contact some US people if I can or any Irish too!
Puna - Will stay away from Lavapies! thanks for the tip!What a nice policeman too!thats a nice story
Arthurg - unfortunate what happened to that guy in mc Donalds- but most people wouldn't do what he did - leave a bag unattended in a public place - I wouldn't do that in my own city!
Thanks as well to Cailbasco, tiajohnna, jeffperez62 for their stories, advice and help - becks -
p.s- MADRIDMAN
I was a bit surprised to say the least to see you on the webcam with no shirt on!is there such a thing in the USA as being charged with " indecent exposure" wink laugh eek

#60832 - 10/08/01 06:48 AM Re: what a response!!!!!
Tia Offline

Beckham, Suecia is the Spanish word for Sweden. smile Tia

#60833 - 10/08/01 01:20 PM Re: what a response!!!!!
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
Wouldnt stop at the Biarritz with that write up though!!!

#60834 - 10/10/01 02:24 PM Re: what a response!!!!!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Beckham - Please let me correct your understanding of what I wrote. :o

Lavapies has some charming spots plus some excellent restaurants - I didn't mean for you to avoid the area. It is just one of the areas where you do have to be a bit more alert. Do explore Lavapies - its just wiser to go with a friend.

#60835 - 10/11/01 06:16 AM Re: what a response!!!!!
el Perrito Offline

Loc: Suecia
Beckham

Sweden in Swedish is Sverige.

Lavapies daytime or in the evning is no problem, nighttime it's pretty dark but there is a great bar for flamenco music (not live music though)that I have been to a couple of times and left at 3-4 in the morning without any incidents. I wouldn't go alone though.

I might add that last time I was there Joaquin Cortez came through the door when we left. And of course there are other good bars and restaurants there too.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2355 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments