Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#60748 - 08/29/01 03:36 PM Reasonably Priced Lodging near Boston's Logan Airport?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
We are using frequent flier miles for our upcoming trip to Spain. On our return, we arrive at Boston's Logan Airport around 6:30 pm and depart the following day around 9:00 am. Can anyone recommend inexpensive or reasonably priced lodging near or convenient to the airport or Boston?

#60749 - 08/29/01 04:09 PM Re: Reasonably Priced Lodging near Boston's Logan Airport?
mclarke Offline

Loc: Arlington, VA
Go to this site: www.boston.com
Good luck!

#60750 - 08/29/01 10:50 PM Re: Reasonably Priced Lodging near Boston's Logan Airport?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

I couldn't find anything about hotels at that site...maybe I need more help?? I did various searches--turned up something called The Anchor Inn in Revere, not too far from the airport and very reasonable. Any other suggestions? Most places seem to be running $150-$300 per night!! Way too much for a place to sleep.

#60751 - 08/30/01 06:09 AM Re: Reasonably Priced Lodging near Boston's Logan Airport?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Try http://www.hotelguide.com
click on 'City Search' and key in 'Boston'
It comes back with two Boston, MA (1-airport and the other just Boston).

As I recall, there's a 'T' (MTA) stop right at Boston's Logan airport, so you shouldn't have to limit yourselves to 'near airport' hotels. In the morning, with heavy tunnel traffic the 'T' might even be faster than a taxi.

Back during my working days I used to accrue frequent hotel guest rewards as well as frequent flyer miles. As a matter of fact, some were interchangeable. Don't you have any of those? rolleyes
In Boston we often stay at the Copley Place Marriott (there's a Westin there, too): It's easy walking distance to Boston Common; an enclosed mall, an AMTRAK (Back Bay?) Station and a 'T' station right there. You may have to change lines, so figure about 30-minutes to Logan airport. eek
Why does this make me think of the '60's hit song about the MTA? "We will ride forever thru the streets of Boston ... " rolleyes

You have about 12-hours to enoy Boston for a short visit, to take a stroll around Boston Common and to see some of what you California folks are missing (Fenway Park, MIT, Harvard, 'Cheers,' etc., etc.) cool

[ 08-30-2001: Message edited by: Eddie ]

#60752 - 08/30/01 10:27 AM Re: Reasonably Priced Lodging near Boston's Logan Airport?
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Carol - Boston traffic going thru the tunnel to get to the airport can be horrendous so whereever you stay - be sure to allow extra time to get to Logan. The Ted Williams tunnel has been under continual construction work for the entire time I've lived here.
As far as inexpensive places to stay - not many. I would suggest staying in Boston - enjoy the city - Revere is "suberbia" at its worst -

#60753 - 08/30/01 03:03 PM Re: Reasonably Priced Lodging near Boston's Logan Airport?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Although we don't care too much where we stay, I'd prefer to have easy access to the airport for that morning departure. We can still take a cab or whatever into the city for an evening's look-around. Any ideas for lodging?

Sorry this seems so un-Spain-like but we are returning from Spain so I figured it's okay to post here.

#60754 - 08/30/01 03:45 PM Re: Reasonably Priced Lodging near Boston's Logan Airport?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hmmmm... rolleyes wink

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1879 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments