Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#60113 - 05/06/01 09:09 AM Just arrived!!
Jasonbrooks72 Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Hola - Just arrived to Barcelona. I never thought this day would come. I stumbled across an internet cafe on the Ramblas, so I thought I´d pop in. They are playing Sheryl Crow - how strange. Anyway - I have yet to explore. If anybody has any suggestions of good sights, bars or restaraunts, please let me know. Time to explore smile

#60114 - 05/06/01 11:25 AM Re: Just arrived!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
HI Jasonbrooks72!!!! Thanks for "logging on" to MadridMan's Spain Message Board!!!!!!!! I'm SO happy you thought of us enough to share your trip along-the-way. Please check in from time to time to let us know how things are going, what you've seen as others have done in months past.

Man, enjoy your time while you're there. I mean... REALLY enjoy it. These precious minutes in Spain are worth a lifetime of memories which you'll ALWAYS carry with you. Do what you can, but take your time, look at the details of architecture, the individual tiles on a wall, the pattern of the sidewalks and plazas, the plaques on the walls, and take note of the older citizens and how they interact with others around them. Enjoy Jasonbrooks72. Enjoy all that Spain has to offer and allow it to permeate the depths of your heart, soul, and mind. You'll glow and breathe foreverafter with Spain herself.

With great envy, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#60115 - 05/07/01 07:45 AM Re: Just arrived!!
nevado Offline

So, can we safely assume you entered Spain with a one-way ticket and no hassles??? smile

#60116 - 05/07/01 08:58 AM Re: Just arrived!!
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Where are you staying now? Say hi to the 'ladies' on las Ramblas! Jajajaja..

And you, Mister Madrid Man, it's high time you left Iowa or whereever it is you live and got your butt to España permanently! Time's a wastin! The jamon awaits eating and the vino awaits drinking!

[ 05-07-2001: Message edited by: Asterault ]

#60117 - 05/07/01 11:03 AM Re: Just arrived!!
sheba Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN USA
hahaha--asterault--i don't think you know how funny the phrase "iowa or whereever you live" is.

#60118 - 05/14/01 08:46 AM Re: Just arrived!!
Jasonbrooks72 Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
My first week in Barcelona has been great. I live on Gaudi avenue, a walking mall type of street about 1 block from the Sagrada Familia. It is a very nice location. I have done much in my first week including a Barcelona soccer game (they won 5-1), The olympic beach (mui bueno), and have experienced many local restaurants and bars. My favorite has been the Plaza del Sol, a great little neighborhood square with a lot of outdoor cafes. I went to Monserrot (in the mountains) and is was incredible. My spanish is slowly improving and I am trying to converse with the locals - I think it will come with time. I arrived with a 3 month roundtrip ticket, but since I left my job in the states, I am free to stay as long as I wish. And from my experiences so far, I hope it is a long time.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2258 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments