Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#59786 - 03/12/01 02:37 PM Vallecas!
Leche Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Does anyone know exactly where the boundaries of Vallecas are in Madrid? I want to go back to visit this area but I don't remember exactly where it is and it doesn't appear on any maps I have. Also....on a side note..is this street in Vallecas: c/ Camarena

What metro stops should I get off at?

Leche

#59787 - 03/12/01 04:12 PM Re: Vallecas!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
It's a shame Nuria is no longer part of the message board. I believe she was from Vallecas.

Leche, when I get home from work I'll take a look at my map of Madrid y los alrededores and see what I can come up with... if anything.

Speaking of Vallecas, it's not live yet, but soon (I assume) we'll be able read their/a daily newspaper @ www.Vallecas.com . Isn't the internet amazing???

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#59788 - 03/12/01 05:02 PM Re: Vallecas!
Leche Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Thanks MM...I'm sure I can get this info when I get there in a couple of weeks but I would like to know beforehand if possible.

Leche

#59789 - 03/13/01 11:36 AM Re: Vallecas!
Miguelito Offline

Vallecas it's really big, there are two zones, Vallecas Villa y Puente de Vallecas. At the beguining Vallecas Villa was a Ville and Puente de Vallecas a Neibourghood, now they have joined as the city has grown.
If you take the metro line 1, Puente de Vallecas goes from stop Puente de Vallecas until Miguel Hernández and Vallecas Villa from there to Congosto, you can take also the train to go to Vallecas Villa.
I think that Vallecas district has also other zones like San Diego, Entrevías, etc

#59790 - 03/14/01 07:08 PM Re: Vallecas!
megia Offline

Loc: Sedona, Arizona
two good ways to go to Vallecas:

1. catch the bus 154 (MIGHT still be 154, just ask...) in front of the museo reina sofia at the bus pool (or @ monlcoa station), and take the bus to vallecas this way, or,

2. take the metro to puente de vallecas and ask for your street then.

hope this helps... we'll see if madridman comes back with any other info... (i haven't been to vallecas in a couple of years...)

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2035 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments