Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#84768 - 07/01/09 11:35 PM Missing Spain
MedicalMan Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Me and my family moved to Hawaii in July 2007 after living in Madrid for 3 1/2 years. We have enjoyed living in the Islands, but it still pales in comparison to our adventure of living in the heart of Europe in the most exciting city on earth. If you are an American living in Spain....Cherish your time there. We will be back one day, maybe not to live, but to revisit a city we truley love.

#84775 - 07/02/09 05:28 AM Re: Missing Spain [Re: MedicalMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
WOW .. Whilst I agree with you 100 % .. I don´t know what to say ... Madrid is a state of mind as well as a city . To enjoy Madrid , as you know MedicalMan , you have to get under the skin of the Madrileños . It´s a friendly city .
Maybe you should post something about Hawaii on this website . One of my favourite musicians , Jack Johnson , is from Hawaii .. and I got to see him in London and Madrid !!

Keep well

Steve

#84776 - 07/02/09 06:58 AM Re: Missing Spain [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I can't imagine a greater extreme, going from a bustling city like Madrid to a relatively relaxed environment like the Hawaiian Islands. Wow. Mahalo!

I doubt you miss this HOT-n-DRY weather, however, but at least IT IS a DRY HEAT and not that heavy, humidity-laden air that you have there in Hawaii. But you have great scenery there.

For me, these 3 months in Madrid are the worst. I DO NOT like the heat whatsoever but we've got to put up with it to get to those wonderful other months. I LOVE WINTER in Madrid!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84783 - 07/03/09 03:49 PM Re: Missing Spain [Re: MadridMan]
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
MedicalMan,

It seems like it's been so long since you posted.

I had the opportunity also to live in Madrid for two and a half years while in the Air Force, and though I was really homesick at the time, my memories of living in Madrid still haunt me. It is also a reminder of my youth.

I've been back three or four times and it's changed a lot, but still I look forward to my next trip, whenever that might be.

Hope to read your posts more often.

Gazpacho

#84922 - 07/21/09 03:07 PM Re: Missing Spain [Re: gazpacho]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
hey I know the feelings, well I am Spanish but Canary Islands, once I lived in Madrid for 5 yrs, 1970-1975 you know,been back so many times, still cant get enough and even living in France near Paris for the last 6 yrs has not change that. From Madrid to heaven.

I might be there soon again, but first USA !!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2275 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments