Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#65729 - 10/22/08 03:17 PM Wild weather
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Well , Autumn/winter is definitely here !!
I think the high today was 12 degrees celsius ( 53 )... In the higher areas of the city ( navacerrada ) they had extensive snowfall . The wind is strong too . I live on the top floor ( 6th ) in Central Madrid and my apartment has been battered all day long with wind and rain .
adios el verano !

Steve

#65730 - 10/22/08 08:29 PM Re: Wild weather
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Talk about wild weather, here in So. Cal. it gets up in the 90F's nearly 2 days a week! I brought the Madrid summer climate with me!
Wish I could see signs of Fall@!

Steve and MM,Remember the day we walked through Huertas on THE hottest day of summer this past summer!!!

#65731 - 10/23/08 04:16 AM Re: Wild weather
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
well its nice to know we share our weather with you maybe you could share your summers with us

on a serious note is this freakish weather or is it the norm for this time of year?

#65732 - 10/23/08 07:03 AM Re: Wild weather
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Not sure that we have snow , veen this late in the year , in the sierras . Jamon Gris .. Maybe you're better placed to answer that question since you live out ther in the sticks .
Today's pretty overcast , and i'm sure we'll have some rain later but the main difference is that it's cold !!
We had our central heating on for the first time last night !
We're going to keep it on low and monitor how much it'll cost per day .
The issue is that , when the oil prices went up to 150 dollars a barrel ( mas o menos ) . The energy companies here were quick to raise their prices . Now oil is at 65-70 dollars a barrel ... Not a twitter from the energy companies !!!! Gas is very expensive ( disgracefully ) still in Spain . Steve

#65733 - 10/23/08 12:19 PM Re: Wild weather
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
They would normally start to expect snow around now right on the top, so it's not that unseasonal. The Madrid Sierra is as high as 2,000 mtrs in parts (nearly 7,000 feet for the Brits) so it does get a fair covering for a lot of the winter months. I can't see any yet from where I live, but will report back when it arrives.

Re the gas prices, Steve one of the major disadvantages of living in the sticks is we don't have natural gas and it gets colder than the centre. So the gas bill is very high, and you have to go outside to change those bl***y orange gas containers about every four days. Plus you can guarantee they will run out the moment you have covered yourself in soap and shampoo. One way to wake yourself up I suppose. I was considering looking into solar panels but they ain't cheap.

#65734 - 10/23/08 01:13 PM Re: Wild weather
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Hahaha God I hate the idea of using those orange gas cylinders !! But it'd be nice to be outside of City Central sometimes . Guess I maybe seeing you for a curry sometime jajaja .
Steve

#65735 - 10/24/08 05:31 AM Re: Wild weather
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
Well I said I'd report back, and well it's not snow, but I just had to defrost the car for the first time this Autumn. Quite a heavy frost too.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3033 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments