Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#65698 - 08/23/08 05:05 AM Spain's Gold medal today
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Congratulations to Spain's K2 500 m ( 2 man kayak - 500 metres ) pair ... A fantastic race and monumental strength to hold of the German team at the last ... Exciting stuff .

#65699 - 08/24/08 04:43 PM Re: Spain's Gold medal today
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
Hey Steve...funny, I just posted a comment regarding the race on the other thread regarding the basketball game between Spain and USA. It was a great race and a fingernail biter! smile

#65700 - 08/24/08 05:21 PM Re: Spain's Gold medal today
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
Responding to your post on the basketball thread:

"Osomajor .. The 500m k2 was an incredible Gold forSpain Germany came back so strong and yet the Spanish pair powered there way to the line .Beautiful to watch."

I was in my bedroom watching the Olympics and the race happen to come on. I didn't even know the Spanish were going to race. At the line up the announcer said they weren't a contender. So I wasn't hopeful at all. Then when the race began and they pulled out in front I figured they would fade quickly and fall out of the race as most first starters do in many races. But they kept going and going pulling farther out. NOW, I was on the edge of my bed. I started yelling and rooting. My boys in the other room were wondering what was going on. I told them the Spanish team was leading the race and might beat out the Germans! Oh, they said! Not that interested in the race. Well, I was now standing and jumping like a little kid, my heart almost jumped out of my throat as the Germans pulled up at quite a fast clip. I was yelling, GO GO GO!!! YESSSSSSSS!
I was so excited! I was jumping on my bed like a little kid! (I'm 52). Why such a big deal over a kayak race you may ask? Well, I really love pulling for the underdog of a team that doesn't have a chance to win, (Unless it's my team,lol). It was just a really good race and a shame if viewers missed it!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2396 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments