Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#62074 - 07/05/02 08:32 PM Portugal,vs Spain economic crisis?!
jazzbo54 Offline

Loc: Bermuda
Portugal,vs Spain economic crisis?!

If any of you are interested in Portugal,I v been told it faces an ongoing economic crisis?!

http://the-news.net/
BUSINESS - 06/07/2002
German companies threaten to seek greener pastures
German companies appear to have reached the conclusion that Portugal faces a serious risk of being exchanged for countries who offer cheaper and more qualified labour. Threatening to transfer their businesses to countries based in Eastern Europe, German companies have called on the government to make the country's labour laws more flexible.
The German-Portuguese Chamber of Commerce revealed this week that it is to hand Minister of Labour and Welfare, Bagão Félix, a number of proposals relating to labour laws in the country. The proposals follow a study done with German companies based in Portugal.
According to the study's findings, "one of major concerns of foreign investors is based on the fact that Portuguese productivity is only 44 percent of the EU average, and it is urgent that existing manpower becomes more qualified and that the weight of taxes and bureaucracy be readdressed."
Steel Groove Calypso Hits tapes
http://www.webcom.com/dsgarcia/home.html

#62075 - 07/05/02 10:33 PM Re: Portugal,vs Spain economic crisis?!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Me thinks me have seen your identical posting somewhere else ! And only 1 minute apart! You're fast!! wink

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#62076 - 07/06/02 05:44 AM Re: Portugal,vs Spain economic crisis?!
jazzbo54 Offline

Loc: Bermuda
I see jer deleted it eek , reminds me of a popular Grenadian calypso song out called “Everybody peepin”…
laugh
.I don’t see why u guys compete for posts?
Steel Groove Calypso Hits tapes
http://www.webcom.com/dsgarcia/home.html

#62077 - 07/06/02 01:05 PM Re: Portugal,vs Spain economic crisis?!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Sorry jazzbo54, I can't really speculate on reasons for deleting it. But I hope you get some answers.

I honestly don't know much at all about Portugal.. I only just went there for the first time, over the border from Tui to Valenca last Semana Santa. I know that Eddie has been there a number of times and I understand it's a beautiful, "Old World" place. I hope it stays that way for beauty's sake, but I'm sure it hurts its people too.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1709 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments