Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#61179 - 12/17/01 10:03 PM Travel Tales wanted!
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Got a great travel story? The Philadelphia Inquirer has started a new section that will appear every Sunday in which they will publish stories people send in. They even pay $50 for each one used. Here's what they say:

"Tell Us About Your Journey

"Let us hear from you about your travels, the experiences you've had and the things you've learned. Here's how:

"In 500 words or less, tell us about how a travel experience changed you, about the power of mountains or the joy of a cafe or hike. And send us your best picture, with a description of when and where you took it. Include your name and phone number.

"If we publish your piece and picture, we'll pay you $50. Because of the volume of responses, we won't be able to return or acknowledge your photos or manuscripts.

"You can send your story by e-mail to inquirer.travel@phillynews.com. Make the story text, not an attachment. Or mail to The Philadelphia Inquirer, Travel Section - Personal Journey, Box 8263, Philadelphia 19101."

(I got that from http://inq.philly.com/content/inquirer/2001/12/16/travel/TRAV_JOURN.htm . You can read the first selections published here: http://inq.philly.com/content/inquirer/2001/12/16/travel/ )

I know you all have great stories because I read about the Spanish ones on this bulletin board. I'll bet there are more for the telling! Maybe we can even get a good story about this website published! Anyone up to it?

smile

#61180 - 12/17/01 11:25 PM Re: Travel Tales wanted!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
This is a GREAT opportunity for all you wannabe writers or those who just want to tell your travel story. I told my dad about it today - he's a travel writer. smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#61181 - 12/18/01 06:00 AM Re: Travel Tales wanted!
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I read that Inquirer yesterday AM, Diana. My take on it was that Jack Severson got tired of my submitting unsolicited travel articles and decided to open that new forum. Or, in the current environment of decline in travel and possibly travel advertising, maybe they are just looking for 'filler.' rolleyes

I didn't take many photos on my most recent trip to Spain (July, 2001) but I've got some great ones from Ireland (Oct, 2001). Maybe I'll 'go for it.' wink

#61182 - 12/19/01 10:52 PM Re: Travel Tales wanted!
Jaime Offline

I read some of the travel stories that were published and really enjoyed them. Just so the members know though...the contest itself is only open to Penn locals.

#61183 - 12/20/01 11:46 AM Re: Travel Tales wanted!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
WHAT??!! Only Pennsylvania residents can submit stories??!! That's a shame. Hmph! rolleyes

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2695 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments