Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#60811 - 09/22/01 11:34 AM Tribute to Heros
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Did anyone see the multi-network tribute last night (9/21) to the firemem, police, emergency medics, etc. that aired last night? World-wide I believe - tv, cable, radio. It was really something.

#60812 - 09/22/01 01:18 PM Re: Tribute to Heros
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I sadly missed it, Puna. I see last night's program was simulcast on ALL the major networks.
Quote:
Visit the United Way web site for AMERICA: A TRIBUTE TO HEROES at: http://www.tributetoheroes.org

Believe it or not (and I hesitate to mention this...), I went to my first meditation class last night with hopes of finding more "inner peace" rolleyes . Sounds silly, I know, but all the recent events (both nationally and personally) have prompted me to seek ways of calming myself and sleeping more than a few hours a night.

I'm sure many more tribute programs can be seen in the coming weeks through the websites of the major networks like: www.NBC.com www.CBS.com www.ABC.com www.FOX.com www.Turner.com

I hope some of the networks run the America: A Tribute To Heroes program again so I can see it.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#60813 - 09/22/01 06:30 PM Re: Tribute to Heros
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I caught the last few minutes of the tribute and offer these thoughts:

-It was really sad to see that even Chris Rock didn't have anything funny to say (it would've been out of line, but man, this just drove the seriousness home).

-I'm not sure why Willie Nelson was chosen to lead the "America the Beautiful" chorus, as he's a notorious tax evader. Perhaps someone a little more supportive of our government would have been better. US Flag bandanas notwithstanding, Willie Nelson is not patriot to me.

The best thing to come out of last night has to have been that early estimates showed more than $200 million dollars raised, which is about the same as if every American pitched in about 70 cents (give or take a few). smile That shows the power of something this tragic to move us to a higher level.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2748 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments