Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#57552 - 11/28/08 01:25 PM House Prices are Dropping Fast
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
We've been hearing for a while that house prices will drop and for a while they managed to hold steady but in last few months (this is going back 2 years when we first moved here) prices have started to fall alot.

Just saw this today.

3 bdrm 2 bath 110 sqm apartment in Tres Cantos

288.000 OMG!!!!!!!!!!

2 years ago that was over 450.000 euros.

It's a well known fact that in bubbles prices overshoot on the top and when they burst they overshoot on the way down. Because Spain is so massively overbuilt I expect to see it way overshoot on the way down. Most commentators expect a reasonable 25% drop, a few brave souls are saying a 50% drop for 2 bedroom holiday lets on the coast.

I'm going way out on a limb and stating that in Madrid and Barcelona you'll see a 70% or more drop in prices. House prices are down 65% in California with no bottom in sight yet, why should Spain be any different.

I should add the reason why prices are dropping so much is that Spain and the world economy is in very very bad shape. 2009 the **** will really hit the fan. I wouldn't want to be a homeowner trying to sell.

#57553 - 11/28/08 03:48 PM Re: House Prices are Dropping Fast
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Woo Hoo! That's great news about the lower house prices. I think I'll take TWO! wink hehehe... I wish! When you tell me the same sized 3BR 2BA flat WITHIN Madrid's M-30 costs the same, then I'll be all ears.

Clipboard-carrying guys are coming to our building nearly daily asking if we're interested in selling our houses. I'm also getting frequent calls asking if I'd like to re-work my existing mortgage (but I don't have one!, thank god) with their company.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
pablo80, pikkmees, ValLynn
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1676 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments