MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#57287 - 02/29/08 02:48 PM Question for MM
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
Hola MM!

I'd first like to say how much my wife and I love MadridMan.com. We've learned so much from you and the rest of the community.You've all been more than generous with suggestions and real advice.

We also think it's fantastic that you've done what you've set out to do so successfully. It's our dream to one day find ourselves living in Spain.

I've been to Spain 4 times in my life. 3 times since 2003 so you know we're hooked.

That said, my question is, with the declining US dollar are you thinking that there may be less traffic to MM/BCm/VLCM.com sites?

I know we are already starting to wonder how soon before we make it back. But as you can see, I still visit the site.
wink

#57288 - 03/01/08 04:10 AM Re: Question for MM
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Rodolfo!

Glad to know you've found MadridMan.com useful. 11 Years and counting for the website and 2+ years living here in Madrid. So far so good.

It's difficult to associate lower traffic to the declining dollar but that's a pretty good assumption.

All websites in the travel business, no matter who/what it is, tends to have a little less traffic year after year simply because (in my educated opinion) of increased competition year after year. For this reason, in part, it's important for my - and any - business to diversify to other cities and interests. Every year there are new websites about Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, etcetera, on the internet. It's kind of like the addition of a Ralph Nader running for (USA) president at the last minute. He'll take votes away from the Democratic nominee.

But the record-low exchange rate of the US Dollar to the European EURO is worrisome, yes. Absolutely. If things flip-flop in FIVE years will that mean I'll get 10 times the traffic? Possibly. Or will that mean my competition will increase by 1000%? Who knows.

What's even more alarming - to me - is IF, in 5 years, there will be any water for people to drink!!

But as it is now, for every 1 US Dollar you spend, you get .66 Eurocents. Ugh. rolleyes But the British pound is still very strong: 1 GBP = 1.3 Euros. So for every 1 American not willing to travel to Europe because of the exchange rate, there are probably 3 more Brits ready to come to "Sunny Spain".

Have a good trip to Spain!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#57289 - 03/05/08 03:43 PM Re: Question for MM
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
Thanks. You've got a good perspective on things.
We plan to visit again. Hope it's ssoner than later.

Cheers

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1869 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments