Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#57121 - 05/26/07 01:09 PM Flexible Rate Mortgages
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I've been reading about Spain (along with the rest of the world) is facing a housing market crash (already happening in America) Will be a help for us as we are considering buying in the next couple of years. But I noticed something in an article which caught my eye.

Quote:
And in Spain, a whopping 96% of mortgages are on floating rates, rather than fixes - so every rise hurts almost every mortgage holder.
At the same time our hair dresser commented about how her mortgage payments jumped 300 euros a month. That's a car payment without the car. Question is why are floating rates so popular?

original article here

Spanish Housing Market Crash

#57122 - 05/28/07 04:03 AM Re: Flexible Rate Mortgages
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
Ouch, that is a big jump. Could it be though that she has one of these mortgages which have a fixed rate for the first year and then on the 13th month there is an accumulated adjustment ? It's either that or you have a hairdresser with a very big mortgage indeed.

What alternative form of mortgage do you prefer ? I've experienced the endowment mortgage, which left a lot of people in the UK short due to poor stock market performance.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mah-g, Ricardo Mata
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1839 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments