Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#57111 - 05/15/07 11:32 PM Business Week Article "Immigrants Welcome"
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
Fascinating article in the current issue of Business Week Magazine by Carol Matlock as to the results of Spain's current liberal immigration policies. Among the points she raises which interested me

(1)More than 11% of the country's 44 million residents are now foreign-born,

(2)Spain is Europe's best-performing major economy,

(3)Three-fourths of Spain's immigrants come from Latin American or European countries with languages and cultures similiar to Spain's,

(4)According to the Spanish government, immigrants' tax and social security contributions exceed by more than 20% the cost of public services they use,

(5) According to a recent poll, 42% of Spaniards think that immigration is helping their country as compared to 19% of British and French in a similiar poll, and

(6)Annual immigraion to Spain rose from 57,000 in 1998 to more than 600,000 for each of the past two years.

I thought that many of the Madridman Message Board members might enjoy reading this article whether they agree with the author's conclusions or not.

#57112 - 05/16/07 04:48 PM Re: Business Week Article "Immigrants Welcome"
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
nice article and I agree; my opinion. handle well immigration has help every country including the USA.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1850 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments