Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#56712 - 08/01/06 04:01 AM Coins and banks (Madrid)
Lauri Offline

Loc: Madrid
I don't know how many other people do this, but I have a cup back home where I empty the small change from the wallet. Over time a fairly large amount of coins have accumulated and today I decided to cash in and change them to "real" money. Well, off to bank I went (Caja Madrid). To my dismay I found out that not only should I sort out them according to value myself, I would also need to have a bank account because said bank does not hand out cash against coins (so I'd have to deposit the money).

My dilemma now is, how can I change the coins into bills without opening an account and sorting them out myself (don't they have machines to do this, we're in Europe for godssakes)? Do other banks have different policies in this? Experiences and suggestions will be appreciated.

#56713 - 08/01/06 12:06 PM Re: Coins and banks (Madrid)
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
I think it depends on how nice the clerk attending you is. I've changed coins many times with no problems at all. I've done it at La Caixa.

Anyway, you could also try at the Banco de España (near Cibeles).

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1849 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments