MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#56177 - 08/09/05 12:41 PM Feria de Málaga 2005
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
The Feria de Málaga begins later this week. It takes place in the city of Málaga between 13th and 21st Auguat 2005. This annual event dates back to 1491. Here are some links if you wish to find out more about this Feria:

Webcam: see the construction and preparations that are going on in the Plaza de la Constitución and Calle Larios here

Information in English:
See the following web pages for brief information aboutthe Feria given in English:
BMI Baby Website
whatsonwhen website

Information in Spanish:
Iformation in Spanish can be found at the following websites:
History of the feria with pictures: Malagaes website
Comprehensive information from the Ayuntamiento de Malaga website (Click on the poster of the Feria) Ayuntamiento de Malaga
Regards
Robbieroy

#56178 - 08/13/05 08:56 AM Re: Feria de Málaga 2005
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Unbelievable! - they have constructed a tent-like structure in the Plaza de la Constitución in Málaga which almost totally blocks the webcam view.
They have also roofed Calle Larios which leads away from the Plaza towards the sea, with some sort of material, so even at 3.00pm Spanish time, it appears dark.
Although these measures will provide great protection from the sun for those that are there in peron, they really spoil the webcam view and thus the enjoyment of those who might like to view what is happening via the Internet.
What a pity!
The webcam can be viewed at Málaga Webcam

Robbieroy

#56179 - 08/13/05 10:19 AM Re: Feria de Málaga 2005
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thank you once again for your efforts, robbieroy. It's a shame frown they've constructed the structure directly in front of the webcam. rolleyes Oh well. NEXT time.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#56180 - 08/15/05 12:28 PM Re: Feria de Málaga 2005
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Here is some video footage (provided by Canal Sur TV ) of the some Malagueños having a good time in the steets of Málaga. The link below will load in Real One Player.
Video footage
Regards
Robbieroy

#56181 - 08/16/05 06:15 AM Re: Feria de Málaga 2005
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Hi robbieroy, It is a shame that your webcam views are restricted, but believe me, the shade is very much needed!

I spent the holiday yesterday at the fair and it was a scorching day in the city centre. They always hang material between the tops of the buildings in Calle Larios, which is the main shopping street as you know. The tent like constructions in Plaza de la Constitución are casetas , open to the public with bars selling drinks and raciones of ham, cheese etc to the fairgoers. There are a few more down on Plaza de la Marina too, with stages set up for folklore dancing, flamenco and lots more.

There is a fantastic atmosphere in all parts of the city, with horses and carriages everywhere and the people dressed in their finery. The feria del día starts around noon and goes on until 5 or 6 in the afternoon when the Malagueños grab a siesta before the action switches to night time feria at the fairground on the outskirts of the city. Here they party until dawn, sleep for a few more hours and the circle begins again. All this for ten days non-stop!! We caught a bus from Marbella, only took in the daytime festivities, snoozed on the bus back home and that has left me exhausted! I don't know how the locals do it!

For me the Féria del Málaga is the best of them all. Sevilla is a nice spectacle, but very insular as hardly any of the casetas admit members of the public and almost all the action tales place at the fairground. In the city you would hardly know there was anything special taking place, whereas the streets and squares of Málaga are turned into a gigantic open air party venue for everyone to enjoy.

#56182 - 08/16/05 06:35 AM Re: Feria de Málaga 2005
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Hi Robbieroy and Anchovy

Can you tell me what the dates of the Feria de Malaga will be next year (2006) please?

Thanking you

Jo

#56183 - 08/16/05 08:22 AM Re: Feria de Málaga 2005
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Wish I were there!!!!! mad

Enjoy!

#56184 - 08/16/05 08:27 AM Re: Feria de Málaga 2005
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Puna - do you reckon Anchovy will take our hint? wink

Jo

#56185 - 08/16/05 08:40 AM Re: Feria de Málaga 2005
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

I think I've found the answer to my question FERIA DE MALAGA 2006

It's ok, Anchovy, Puna and I have our own portable caseta which will install nicely in your garden for the duration.

Jo
Ps - can't you just go and nudge the webcam underneath the canopy? Pleeeeeze?

#56186 - 08/16/05 09:05 AM Re: Feria de Málaga 2005
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
No you wouldn't Puna - there's an excess of everything. Too much ice cold Tio Pepe fino and San Miguel beer ... too much delicious jamon, juicy langostinos and old, crumbly Manchego cheese .... too much loud happy music encouraging everyone to dance rumbas and sevillanas ... too many strangers topping your glass up with Cartojal, the féria drink ... too many colourful dresses and fans everywhere .... too many proud horses strutting their stuff with rider and his beautiful lady sat behind him .... wink Did I tell you I had a great day?

Hi Jo, I can't find out when next year's bash will be, but it always starts on the second Friday in August with the traditional welcoming speech, or prégon at just before midnight followed by a spectacular half hour long firework display. Next year should therefore begin on August 11th and finish on Sunday 20th.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1815 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments