Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#55773 - 04/01/05 12:55 PM Spanish Anti-Perspirants??!
Heidigirl Offline

Loc: Canada
Ok...some of you might find this topic a little...well, maybe unusual :p It is just something that I was wondering, since I will be living in madrid starting this summer.
My question is: Are there Anti-Perspirants with aluminum in Spain? I don't mean simply deodorants...the ones with aluminum that actually "stop" the sweating, not mask it with simple perfume.
The reason why I am asking this is because in Germany, where all my relatives live, it is banned. You can only buy deodorants, and not Anti-Perspirants. When they saw how great my anti-perspirants were from Canada, they asked me to ship them a case load!!!! They constantly needed to apply deodorant in the summer...and many german people, although not smelly...have this...well, light sweat smell :p
I am sorry to gross anybody out, but we are all human, right?
I hope that spain has anti-perspirants...I mean, it is soooo hot there in the summertime...
Any answers to my question?
Thanks a bunch!!!

#55774 - 04/03/05 09:08 AM Re: Spanish Anti-Perspirants??!
Supertubbie Offline

Loc: Madrid
Send an email to the supplier and ask for adresses in Europe I already have found a lot of productc in Spain that I was missing in this way :-)

#55775 - 04/03/05 09:14 AM Re: Spanish Anti-Perspirants??!
Supertubbie Offline

Wow ok I was erving the net for you on the net to find it but now I know why it's hard to find in europe I think. There is an chemical in antiperspirant that cause breast cancer.

#55776 - 04/03/05 02:08 PM Re: Spanish Anti-Perspirants??!
Castiza Offline

The aluminum (aluminum chlorohydrate) is the element that is suppossed to cause breast cancer. Not only anti-perspirants have it in its composition,but also most "simple" deodorants.

Probably laws are stricter in Germany. I've found aluminum in almost all anti-transpirants/deodorants in Spain. You'd have to go to some "natural store" to find an alternative composition in those products.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2156 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments