Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#55025 - 08/27/04 01:54 AM Jan 1 and 6 Holidays
FreakAbout Offline

Hello - My family will be in Zaragoza on Jan 1 and travelling from Barcelona (through Madrid) to Toledo on Jan 6. I realize these are both national holidays - can anyone tell me how it is in Spain on holidays? Is absolutely everything shut down? Will restaurants be open?

Thanks

#55026 - 08/27/04 04:59 AM Re: Jan 1 and 6 Holidays
Anonymous
Unregistered

1 Jan I believe, at least in the morning it will be like an A-Bomb has fallen in the city. Nobody in the streets, all closed... except for the discos, where you'll see people coming back home early in the morning.

Day 6 is completely different, because it's the Three Wise Man adoration of child Jesus, so there is a parade and the streets will be crowded with children and parents. Expect serious traffic problems that day. Commerces will be mostly closed, except for some gift shops and few more.

In both you could have some problems to find restaurants or even snack-bars open.

#55027 - 08/27/04 09:58 AM Re: Jan 1 and 6 Holidays
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Ignacio - I think the Cabalgata takes place on the day before Reyes, ie, on the 5th, no? Because you have to say what you want them to bring you the next day wink

#55028 - 08/27/04 12:58 PM Re: Jan 1 and 6 Holidays
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ooooooops! True. I am not pretty sure what happens on 6 (I was crying all the time because they broght me only coal because I had been naughty).

No, seriously, I don't think many places will be open, but wether it will be general, I don't know, though I guess most will be closed too.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1908 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments