Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#53606 - 01/03/03 12:23 PM Madrid:Green Hats at New Years Eve??
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
My ladyfriend in Madrid said that her mother was given a green hat which she wore for New Years Eve at home. I've seen photos of others wearing them for New Years Eve at the Puerta del Sol. And then today I get the following email:
Quote:
I am just back from my second visit to Madrid and was there over the New Year, could you explain why on the 31st December people were giving away green santa hats that everyone was wearing, however these only came on show on the 31st??
What's the deal with these green hats?? What are their significance?

Curious, MadridMan confused

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#53607 - 01/03/03 12:59 PM Re: Madrid:Green Hats at New Years Eve??
Miguelito Offline

I'm also curious. I think it's because in AMENA advertisments people appears dressed as green Santa Claus, so maybe they gave these hats.
AMENA is a telephone company.

#53608 - 01/03/03 10:05 PM Re: Madrid:Green Hats at New Years Eve??
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Yes, probably a promo from Amena which is a mobile phone operator whose corporate color is green. No special significance.

Fernando

#53609 - 01/13/03 10:21 PM Re: Madrid:Green Hats at New Years Eve??
druship Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
I, too, saw a lot of green hats and was tempted. Instead, my friend's mom gave all of us templar bags filled with party hats (the rubber band kind), hula necklaces, party noisemakers, and a fake cardboard mustache which has two little prongs which you put in your nostrils. Actually sounds gross but as long as you don't have a cold...and yes, I did all 12 grapes!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2605 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments