Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#53552 - 12/17/02 01:35 PM ETA wishes happy holidays
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Earlier today there was a shooting in Madrid, something very rare here, and a 'guardia civil' was killed; now it turns out they were ETA terrorists (wow, what a surprise!), and a car full of explosives, with which they were to enter the city through the 'carretera de La Coruña' just exploded; luckily, there seems to be no wounded for the moment, and it even might have been an explosion controlled by the police, all I know is it just happened.
And another 'guardia civil' is badly hurt from this morning's shooting.
Sorry the information is still very chaotic.

#53553 - 12/17/02 02:36 PM Re: ETA wishes happy holidays
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
While Spaniards are enjoying peaceful family time during the holiday season, ETA cowards have decided to kill and mame. If ETA really cared about the Basque region, then they would lay down their arms and help in the cleanup of the Prestige disaster. Fishermen from all over Spain are in danger of this ecological nightmare, and many of Spain's finest fishing fleets call the Basque region home. Those who truly represent the concerns of the Basque people are protecting the coastline, not making bombs.

The victims of ETA violence should not be forgotten.

#53554 - 12/17/02 05:47 PM Re: ETA wishes happy holidays
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
This is the ETA way to wish us Merry Christmas. Antonio Molina is the Guardia Civil which has been killed, just seven days from Christmas, when he was going to identify two etarras in a highway control. The etarras had 40 kilos of explosive to commit a bombing tomorrow in Madrid (who knows who were they going to kill).

Antonio Molina was 30 years-old had a wife and a little daughter.

While common basques are aiding in Galicia to clean the oil from the Prestige, just as people from all over Spain, these criminals continue their bloody campaign.

frown

Fernando

#53555 - 12/18/02 05:53 AM Re: ETA wishes happy holidays
JJP Offline

Loc: ca.eeuu
I offer an international condolence to Molina's family. What a senseless death this is, and more proof terrorism is a coward's game.

#53556 - 12/18/02 10:20 AM Re: ETA wishes happy holidays
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
No MadridMan, I won't. Zorionak!

#53557 - 12/18/02 03:19 PM Re: ETA wishes happy holidays
Roe Offline

Loc: california
????????

#53558 - 12/18/02 08:54 PM Re: ETA wishes happy holidays
Quintos233 Offline

Loc: Southern California
This is why the Guardia Civil need to be trained in the use of automatic weapons such as the military M-16 so that they have a chance against ETA. They need to be well armed and trained in the use of machine guns as well as assualt rifles they need to set up well armed check points in other words guys with alot of guns if I were the Guardia Civil who saw his freind die in front of him I would have emptied an entire clip into this ETA bastard sorry guys its the only thing I can think of to prevent some thing like this from happening again lets face it you can only fight ETA financialy,violently and politicaly there is no talking because they have declared a Guerila War on Spanish police they should feel the wrath of the police. My uncle is a cop who helps transport money in Spain he only carries a lousy pistol he needs to get an automatic weapon at least especialy when guarding money. I understand this may sound a bite brutal but it is the reality of the situation in Spain any ways doesn't MM dislike ETA threads Oh yeah I have a question for you guys has any body noticed that all the members of ETA are extremely ugly have you seen their pictures wow talk about an ugly crew they are also extremly stupid which is why they blow themselves up on accident so much this mix of ugliness stupity and ignorance adds up to an organization called ETA thats stands for nothing more then that to me and that as soon as their bodies are filled with lead Spain and the rest of the world will be better off you guys agree????? (this is just my opinion of what I think is the only thing that could be done I understand that it could very much just make things worse so do you guys have any better ideas on fixing this problem because I believe ETA will NEVER STOP the violence until they achieve Basque homeland and "liberty") PS it is believed that ETA wanted to go on a bombing spree in a shopping malls and possibly other targets around Madrid on New Years isn't that just cheer full we Spaniards have to celeberate the new year to the sounds of bombs in our capital this seems like war to me war against ETA as far as im concerned this suffering death is not worth keeping the Basque country im sorry but its just not worth it all these deaths just to keep a piece of land and to keep the Basque a people who largely support independence part of Spain I mean id rather see the Basque get independence tomorow then see my uncle die next week make sense???....

#53559 - 12/19/02 08:52 AM Re: ETA wishes happy holidays
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

The two etarras who killed Antonio Molina have been already captured.

They were going to put 10 bombs in 31st, one of them in a big store.

Also, today the french police have capture two of the main bosses of ETA, Ibon Fernándes and Ainhoa García, killers of the basque politician Juan María Jáuregui, the businessman José María Korta (president of the basque community of businessmen), the basque policemen (ertzainas) Mikel Uribe, Ana Isabel Arostegui and Javier Mijangos and the director of the basque newspaper "Diario Vasco" Santiago Oleaga.

This is the second time in three months that the bosses of ETA are captured.

Quintos, I don't agree with you on arming police with automatic weapons. There is no need for it.

The guardia civil was killed when he was trying to sanction the etarras because they have committed a trafic fault.

I wouldn't want to be afraid each time a guardia civil comes near to me because I wouldn't be certain if he was going to aim at me with his weapon or just shoot me without reason for just going over the speed limit...

And no matter how bastard the etarras are, we live in a democracy and they have their rights. We can't just shoot them. They must be captured, judged and being imprisoned if found guilty.

Fernando

#53560 - 12/19/02 05:42 PM Re: ETA wishes happy holidays
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Update: 7 more etarras have been captured in France. Vive la France!

#53561 - 12/20/02 06:40 AM Re: ETA wishes happy holidays
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Fernando writes:
Quote:
... I don't agree with you on arming police with automatic weapons. There is no need for it.
Ever since I can remember, the Guardia Civil travelled in pairs in the countryside: the junior of the two carried a rifle (Spanish Mauser) and the senior carried an ametreladorra and a sidearm. Of course these memories are from the Franco regime ...
Quote:
The guardia civil was killed when he was trying to sanction the etarras because they have committed a trafic fault.
And the Guardia Civil doesn't normally involve itself with Traffic Offenses. The traffic fault may have been simply a 'ploy' used by the Guardia to stop a pair of Etarra suspects.
Quote:
... no matter how bastard the etarras are, we live in a democracy and they have their rights. We can't just shoot them. They must be captured, judged and being imprisoned if found guilty.
Apparently Spain doesn't have Capital Punishment anymore. I think the Garrote used to give prospective criminals (or Terrorists) something to think about before committing a crime. But then, I'm an 'Old Testament' (or Quran) kinda guy.
For those of you too young to remember, Spain's Capital Punishment used to be carried out by Garrote: pretty horrific!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments