Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#53478 - 11/20/02 10:39 AM What do you like the most about Spain?
carmendeespana Offline

Loc: Madrid
¡Hola a todos!

As a Spaniard, I am very much interested in knowing what you like the most from Spain.

Have you liked the buildings, the people, the food? For me, it´s the most beautiful country in the world, and I am really proud of being Spanish, but I would like to know what have you liked the most during your stay in Spain.

¡Gracias!

#53479 - 11/21/02 04:43 PM Re: What do you like the most about Spain?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
For me the best part of Spain is the Spain part. Basically that it's Spain, and that when I get off the plane, I'm in Spain. That's what I like most about Spain. laugh laugh laugh

#53480 - 11/21/02 05:52 PM Re: What do you like the most about Spain?
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
A question which I often get but can seldom answer. I've lived here for 13 years so one thing I like is that it's now home, and all my friends are here. It comes down to people. But of course that sort of answer applies to everyone everywhere. What's unique about Spain? The laid-back attitude, which as an Irishman I can identify with. The outgoing nature of the people is an attraction too. The Madrid weather. But there are things I miss about other countries too and other people's cultures and attitudes, and what I really like about Spain is the strange mix of people who I know here, Spanish – and foreigners who've come here and fallen in love with the country too. In fact sometimes the foreigners here are more "Spanish" than the Spanish themselves! So, basically I like my lifestyle here, which is one that is not available in other countries. I am talking about Madrid, where I can afford to live in the centre. PS How about a whimsical non-offensive thread on What I Hate About Spain?!!!

#53481 - 11/21/02 07:04 PM Re: What do you like the most about Spain?
Sarita Offline

Loc: Sevilla
What a great question. Let´s see if I can put it into words.
First and foremost, I love the people, their warm and welcoming personality, and their strong family values. I also love how interested they are in my American life. Loved one Sevillano so much that I married him.

I also love the rich historical culture and the great lengths Spaniards take to preserve that, while still opening themselves up to just the right amount of technology.

I love the weather in Andalucía and everything about the lifestyle--work to live, not live to work like here in the US!

That ABOUT sums it up but I could list hundreds of reasons.

Saludos!
Sarita wink

#53482 - 11/21/02 08:26 PM Re: What do you like the most about Spain?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
barry (and Al wink ), your suggestion actually took place in the long, 2-page thread entitled " What I like and dislike about Spain ". Check it out! smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#53483 - 11/22/02 05:59 AM Re: What do you like the most about Spain?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
When I arrive in Madrid, I usually proceed directly (on Bus # M-101) to the Plaza in Barajas pueblo and have Churros con chocolate at Toribio's Churreria. That signals the start of my gastronomic excursion to whichever region of Spain wherein my destination lies. rolleyes

I love the food and the wines! cool

#53484 - 11/22/02 12:26 PM Re: What do you like the most about Spain?
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Carmen,
¡Qué pregunta! What do I love about Spain. Everything, in a nutshell. Everything. It represents where my family comes from...who I am...When I am in Spain, I feel "at home"

I love the sounds , the smells, the tastes, the sights, etc. Spain IS different, that is why it is so Special. Sitting at a cafe, going for tapas from bar to bar, seeing a play, roaming the streets of Madrid, hearing CASTELLANO the way I love to hear it spoken...hearing GALLEGO the way my grandparents spoke it...I could go on and on...I ADORE Spain and all things Spanish...at times I have been told( by my two daughters) that I am obsessed rolleyes . I can't help it though. It is who I am, and what I love most about the world. smile

#53485 - 11/25/02 04:34 PM Re: What do you like the most about Spain?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Hey people, I think you're straying off the original question: "What do you like most about Spain. That only allows for one answer. C'mon people, let's stick to the original question...geez! :p What next, complete anarchy?

#53486 - 11/25/02 04:52 PM Re: What do you like the most about Spain?
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hola Carmen,
What a difficult question! Ay!!!
Well, when I was nineteen and I first visited Spain, I would readily have said the Españoles, they are so guapo!

Now, that a few Spring showers have passed, I would say the thing I like most about Spain, is that there are many things that I like about Spain. I like the people, very amiable and polite. I like the variety of foods! Of course I grew up on Spanish food, but there's nothing quite like Churros con chocolate on a brisk morning in Madrid! I like the fact that every town whether small or big has a Plaza Mayor where you can sit and have a café, or a cañita, and listening to music carried on the wind. I like the fact that everywhere you go there is a Libreria run by someone that looks like a character from a Blasco Ibañez novel (i.e. La Loca de La Casa). I like the fact that Spain is composed of regions so diverse from each other that you wonder if you have crossed the border. I like cities like Segovia that takes you from Roman times to Medieval times to Modern times in a matter of a one hour walk! Enfín, I like everything about Spain.
Saludos,
Carmen de la Florida! wink

#53487 - 11/25/02 08:50 PM Re: What do you like the most about Spain?
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
I am with CaliBasco--what I like best about Spain is Spain.

But if I had to choose, it would be a tie between two things (yes, I am cheating by sneaking in more than one!):

1) The feeling I get when I look out of the window of the plane and see Spain below me and know that I am "home" (I've never technically lived in Spain, and my family is not Spanish, but it's home anyway, in some indescribable way). I usually cry and feel so excited I can hardly stand it.

2) Sitting in Mesón de Cervantes, at a window seat (they are really little wooden benches), eating a toasted cheese sandwich and drinking a sangría while looking out at the Plaza Mayor of Salamanca.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2972 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments