http://www.geocities.com/mouguias/othertexts.htm

A recent update in my site...enjoy it

#53065 - 09/17/02 04:13 PM Re: See this pic if you dare
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Cristobo,
What a wonderful picture!
I plan to visit there in December 2003 with my son, I hope to rent a car in Leon and drive to Oviedo, to Gijon, Ribadesella and Canga de Onis, and see the Picos de Europa. How many days do you think I will need for this recorrido?

Gracias!

#53066 - 09/17/02 04:52 PM Re: See this pic if you dare
Cristobo Carrín Offline

Loc: Asturias
Deixame ver...It takes some 1 hour and a half to get to Oviedo (or Uvieu) from Leon through the highway. Then some two hours (maybe a bit more) to get to Cangas de Onis, and say one more hour to get in Covadonga and the Picos. In december I guess there won`t be traffic jams, as this damned summer.
But I hope you will stay for a longer time in each place. They are worth the visit!
I am Asturian, but was raised very close to the Galician border I don`t have any problem to talk either bable or Galician!
Have a nice time here. I will be staying in Oviedo by then, by the way. God knows...

#53067 - 09/21/02 10:44 AM Re: See this pic if you dare
churrocaliente Offline

Loc: Miami Beach, FL
Cristobo, that's gorgeous! The only time I've been to that neck of the woods was September 2001. And we drove straight from Madrid just stopping once for gas because the family I was with had to go to their son's wedding. I wanted to stop every 5 minutes and take it all in! I guess it means I have to go back ...

Booklady & Cristobo ... I went from Asturias to Galicia by car with a gallego friend. The minute we crossed the border , he sighed, took a deep breath in and said "esto si que es aire," "mira, estas si que son vacas gordas, no como las flacas de Asturias!" (This is real air! Look at those fat cows, they're not skinny like the ones in Asturias!)

Personally, I thought the milk was delicious in both Galicia and Asturias and as far as the landscape was concerned, exactly the same at the border ... but I could understand how anyone would be proud to be from either side of that border!

Great music samples, thanks!

Churrito laugh

http://beachwriter.blogspot.com

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1616 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments