Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#50230 - 09/06/00 07:24 PM Athletics in Spain
Ylallaly Offline

I am a young student travelling to Spain inless than 2 weeks - staying in Salamanca first off for 3 mo.s. I have travelled to Argentina before and found that the women there are very timid and wimpy in sports- scared to break a sweat- I am hoping it is a different case inSpain-as I love to play sports.
Furthermore, is volleyball -or beach v-ball a big thing in Spain?Are there any clubs you'd recommend in Salamanca(v-ball clubs)?

#50231 - 09/06/00 08:58 PM Re: Athletics in Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Maybe the Spaniards on this board won't agree, but I think you're correct in thinking that those Spanish women are ALSO afraid to break a sweat with regards to exercise. In my 3 visits to Madrid and Spain, I have yet to see any women running in the streets/parks. You'll see younger girls player soccer/fútbol, but that's about it.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#50232 - 09/08/00 09:50 AM Re: Athletics in Spain
Nuria Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Yes, we are afraid we are going to break a nail, ja, ja, ja.
I guess Spanish women are not very into sports (at least not many). I think Spaniards women are very femenine and playing sports is not very femenine for us (I am not saying that women that like sports are not femenine I am only saying that we think that sports are for men, but WE ARE WRONG)
By the way, if you like sports you can play with the boys, you don't need to find a group of girls to do that, do you?

[This message has been edited by Nuria (edited 09-08-2000).]

#50233 - 09/08/00 11:42 AM Re: Athletics in Spain
Ylallaly Offline

I love playinbg with the guys-its always a challenge, however I don't want to be an outcast immersed in a totally different culture! Thanks for replying!
ylallaly

#50234 - 09/09/00 08:15 AM Re: Athletics in Spain
Nuria Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Hey, boys LOVE to play with girls!!! You will be fine. I played football only with boys and that ws very fun. You'll see, you only have to say that you love sports and the will ask you to play with them!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2240 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments