Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#56400 - 12/03/05 05:59 AM Seville-Christmas Weekend
Jacy Offline

Loc: Czech Republic
We will be arriving in Seville Dec. 23, leaving Dec. 27. Will there be anything open? Will there be any restaurants open 24-25? We are vegetarians so don't do set menus and other Christmas specials. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! THANKS!

#56401 - 12/03/05 09:00 AM Re: Seville-Christmas Weekend
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
On the 24th between 18.00 and 24.00 you'll find almost nothing open. But some bars may open after midnight. On the 25th you'll probably find a larger number of bars and even restaurants open. As for tourist attractions and sights, you'll have to wait till the 26th

#56402 - 12/05/05 03:42 PM Re: Seville-Christmas Weekend
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
We lived in Sevilla during Christmas a few years ago, but were in an apartment, so we had our own Christmas Eve dinner. However, I highly recommend the midnight mass in the Cathedral. I love seeing it in use and filled with local families, as opposed to strictly tourists. On Christmas day we ate in a fairly expensive seafood restaurant (La Isla), but I can't say how many restaurants are open. Not many, I assume. As for the vegetarian thing, good luck in Sevilla! La Habanita is good, but I doubt it will be open on Christmas.

I would count on sightseeing on foot, Parque Maria Luisa, Plaza de Espana, the views along the river and just generally enjoying the city outdoors. You will probably stumble upon some hotel bars that are open.

Mantecados are my favorite Christmas cookies and are made from lard. However, it is possible to find them made with olive oil. Get a box as soon as you arrive and spend your down time on Christmas day indulging yourself!

#56403 - 12/11/05 08:06 AM Re: Seville-Christmas Weekend
Jacy Offline

Loc: Czech Republic
Thanks Jana and Barry - appreciate the tips, especially the Midnight Mass!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2728 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments