Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#56017 - 06/29/05 12:08 PM Madrid, so amazing
worriedaboutspain Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
I love Madrid. So I'm here now, and I've fallen in love with it. It's so amazing. The people, the places to see, everything. I'm sad that I have to leave the day after tomorrow, but it's okay, because i'm going to make a point to come back here. It´s truely amazing, and the people here are so sweet. I can see why everyone loves Madrid.

Muchas gracias a toda!

Much love,
Ash

#56018 - 06/30/05 05:41 AM Re: Madrid, so amazing
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
DE MADRID AL CIELO!

#56019 - 06/30/05 05:43 AM Re: Madrid, so amazing
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Hi Worriedaboutspain, you'll have to change your user name now to something like inlovewithmadrid!!
Welcome to the huge group of us who love Madrid. Glad that you're enjoying it so much.

#56020 - 06/30/05 11:38 PM Re: Madrid, so amazing
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
I share your feelings about Madrid. I think its the most underrated city in Western Europe and can readily understand why Ernest Hemingway among others fell in love with the place. Let others go to Paris----I'd rather be in Madrid.
By the way, if you want to see the city filmed at its most gorgeous best, rent the Alejandro Amenabar movie, "Abre Los Ojos" starring Eduardo Noriega and Penélope Cruz.

#56021 - 07/02/05 05:46 PM Re: Madrid, so amazing
worriedaboutspain Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
I got there, and it was everything I wanted it to be. I loved it so much, the people, plaza mayor, the shops in the metro in Madrid, and Mancola. El Parque Oste was interesing. But what I truely enjoyed was the Reina Sophia. I was inches away from orginal Picassos. It was amazing.

I´m now living with my hostfamily in Granada. It´s truely amazing. I´m liking the ¨city¨ so far. It´s really small, and in the afternoons it´s way too hot to do anything. Entonces I´m getting used to the seista. LOL. The USA needs to pick up that one. LOL.

I find Spain to be the most insperational place to write. It´s so wonderful, and I can sit back and relax.

Loving every moment I´m here.
Ash

#56022 - 10/21/05 06:52 AM Re: Madrid, so amazing
Darja05 Offline

Loc: South Australia
Hey worriedaboutspain!

So you like Spain? Because I am in similar situation to yours.. I am 17 and going to Spain next year for 11 months! and I am freaking out!! The fact of being away from family, friends etc. It's good to hear that you like it - hopefully I will too... maybe you could give me some tips? hehe wink

Look forward to hearing from you! smile

#56023 - 10/21/05 08:32 AM Re: Madrid, so amazing
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Madrid IS amazing in so many respects, especially from the perspective of someone from outside of Europe or from another continent. I'm both thrilled with the ease of doing/getting things but also frustrated by the difficulty in doing/getting other things. So from my United Statesen perspective comes joy AND conflict regarding Madrid.

Many things are so cheap (transportation, beer, wine, bread, seafood, and many services) and other things expensive (electronics, cars, houses, and many services). Generally the people are nice, polite, and willing to help when needed. People seem to be more interested in what's to their left and right than what's in front of them while drivers seem more interested in what's in front than what's to their left and right. heheehe... Cars often drive TOO fast in parking lots and small neighborhood streets. Free parking is harder and harder to find just as are available parking spaces. If I ever lived in Madrid the LAST thing I'd want would be a car.

The worst thing about Madrid right now is the large-scale 'works' or construction projects.

The best thing about Madrid SHOULD be the result of those construction projects, the hope for a more efficient city in the future, and their prospect for a first class and modern city. A LOT of potential there in Madrid.

¡Madrid! ¡De Madrid al cielo! I LOVE YOU!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2935 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments