MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#52891 - 08/17/02 10:56 AM Madrid:Aug.16: Día sin Coches
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Headline: El nivel de saturación ha bajado del 71% al 20%

So madrileños!! Tell us all! How was yesterday's (Friday's) "Día sin Coches"? ("Day without Cars")I was reading the article and saw photos on www.Madridiario.es . I imagine any given day in Madrid during the month of August has light traffic, but during "Día sin Coches" it must be almost like a ghosttown! No?

What Sayeth Ye Madrileños? wink Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#52892 - 08/17/02 03:16 PM Re: Madrid:Aug.16: Día sin Coches
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Geeze, I live here and didn´t even know that yesterday was the día sin coches in Madrid. Must be because most of those fun seeking, vacationing madrileños have made their way to my quaint little town of El Espinar (Segovia) which, outside of the summer months, is very tranquil and laid back. Not now...cars cars and more cars. People all over the place...they seemed to have replaced the cows that used to wander past our house!

The traffic is normally so light here that in fact, there is only ONE traffic light in our whole town. And it´s located just in front of the colegio on the carretera de Ávila...just a bit more busy than our main drag. wink

Ah well,...was in Madrid today and indeed it seemed to be like a ghost town. Streets were eerily empty. But, the movie theaters were packed! :p

#52893 - 09/13/05 11:10 PM Re: Madrid:Aug.16: Día sin Coches
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
September 22, 2005: "Día Sin Coches" ("Day without Cars") may or may not be widely recognized in Madrid this time. Let's see. Check out http://www.TraficoMadrid.com for dozens of Madrid Traffic WebCams to see if people are actually opting for public transport or not. MAYBE there'll be MORE taxis than passenger cars?? Let's see.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#52894 - 09/14/05 04:32 AM Re: Madrid:Aug.16: Día sin Coches
JasMadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
Chica don't you think there are much less cars in El Espinar now? I work there (actually in San Rafael) and I did notice how packed the place was during the summer, but now it's a lot more peaceful.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1619 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments