MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#55821 - 05/01/05 05:44 AM Jerez: Feria del Caballo
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
Jerez de la Frontera is a town in the west of Andalucia and apart from being famous for its Sherry production, also holds an annual horse fair called La Feria del Caballo. This fair takes place each year during the first week of May (1st – 8th May).
There are some very interesting images, video and information about Jerez at
Jerez tourist information
Venal Sur website
Jerez Web
A video of the horse fair can be found at:
Venal Sur Video
You can also watch TV from Jerez Onda Jerez TV
I tried to find a webcam for this feria but failed miserably. Although the turismojerez website has a link to a webcams page, it is “under construction”.
Regards
Robbieroy

#55822 - 05/01/05 07:48 AM Re: Jerez: Feria del Caballo
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Wow, robbieroy. You never cease to amaze me/us with your knowledge and insight of Andalucia. Thanks for sharing that information. I know a lot of people attend the Feria del Caballo every year but we haven't had any enquiries here yet I don't think.

Do YOU live in Andalucia? If you've mentioned it before, forgive me. How are you so UP on what's going 'DOWN' in Andalucia?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#55823 - 05/01/05 02:36 PM Re: Jerez: Feria del Caballo
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Hi MM
I am UP here in Scotland but I go DOWN there to Andalucia quite often on holiday. I try to keep tabs on anything that might be of interest to readers of this message board.
Regards
Robbieroy

#55824 - 05/01/05 05:04 PM Re: Jerez: Feria del Caballo
Bev Offline

Loc: nyc
I will be in Jerez and Arce for one day on Sunday, May 22nd. Do you have any suggestions on what to do as it is a Sunday and much will be closed. We are staying at the parador in Arce.

#55825 - 05/02/05 12:28 PM Re: Jerez: Feria del Caballo
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Hi Bev
I really don't know Jerez and have never been there, so I can't answer your question.
Can I suggest that you check out the links in the original posting in this thread.
Good luck and please report back on your trip.

Update on Jerez: Feria del Caballo

Canal Sur Television is showing a special musical programme on the Feria del Caballo in Jerez. You can view this TV station on the Internet at Canal Sur
The programme airs at 22.20 Central European Time on TUESDAY 3rd MAY 2005. From the programme guide on the website, here is some more information about the programme:

Programa musical dedicado a la Feria de Jerez. Actuaciones de Diego Carrasco, La Macanita, Sabor Jerez, David de María, Pastora Soler, Las Carlotas, Malú, La Tana; Los Delincuentes, Ecos del Rocío, Raya Real, Nuria Fergó, María José Santiago y Manolo Sarria –humor- Presentadores: Gema Fernández Y Los del Río.

Regards
Robbieroy

#55826 - 05/07/05 07:47 AM Re: Jerez: Feria del Caballo
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Live NOW on Internet TV!
Onda Jerez TV is transmitting live from the Feria del Caballo in Jerez NOW. Time 1345 CET.
Click on this link: Onda Jerez TV and the EMISSION ONLINE (second button down on left panel of webpage).

#55827 - 05/07/05 09:10 AM Re: Jerez: Feria del Caballo
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

DARNIT! If only I'd known last night. I'm watching NOW but already missed more than an hour of the program.

It's SO GREAT that we can watch these wonderful festivals in Spain LIVE via internet TV. We're so fortunate to have this access.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#55828 - 05/07/05 09:16 AM Re: Jerez: Feria del Caballo
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

MM - I agree - and thank goodness for high speed internet access! Although I can't find a program schedule for Onda Jerez TV, it looks as if the program will be on air for some time - KEEP WACHING and ENJOY!

#55829 - 05/07/05 09:25 AM Re: Jerez: Feria del Caballo
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Great footage of the horses an carriages tranporting the local and visitors. I REALLY liked the shots of the eating and drinking areas outside the casetas. Tio Pepe bottles everywhere! ( I wonder who is sponsoring the show!). Oh to be there!!!!!
Robbieroy

#55830 - 05/07/05 09:26 AM Re: Jerez: Feria del Caballo
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Yes. Onda Jerez TV ONLY broadcasts in High-Speed Broadband so those (left) with dial-up access are unfortunately not able to watch.

Back to La Fería - which I'm REALLY enjoying, by the way - even more than Semana Santa - seems they'll be broadcasting a bullfight later on, probably at the usual time of, what(?), 6pm local time.

And yes, I'm SURE Tío Pepe (company: González Byass) is THE major sponsor of La Fería del Caballo. Everyone's drinking their sherry, of course!

Now some people are dancing Sevillanas!!! Man, this is SO GREAT!! La Fería del Caballo looks like SO MUCH FUN!

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2393 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments