Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#54843 - 07/02/04 12:08 PM Ladies of Spain
Don Dela Vega Offline

Loc: England - Buckinghamshire
I think in my past life i may have been spanish. I love spainish women so much its unbelievable. my mom thinks i hav gone nuts lol.I'm going to travel to spain this year and i wanted to know if spanish women are as difficult as people make them out to be? also what is their perception of Black people? please give me replies. thank you people.

#54844 - 07/02/04 08:29 PM Re: Ladies of Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello Don Dela Vega! Welcome to our little All Spain Message Board!

I believe you'll find this topic has been covered a number of times but I/we invite more/newer responses here in your thread.

One trip back from Madrid to the USA I was sitting next to a young, good-looking man (you know, the fútbol-star type) in business class (I got bumped from my Delta flight and they GREATFULLY put me in Business Class on Spanair) and he asked me where I learned my Spanish. I told him that it's mainly because I have a "ladyfriend" in Madrid - to which he responded in Spanish, "They're dangerous. Be careful." hehehehe.. Well yes. I couldn't agree with him more.

But I agree with you 100%. Wow. Those Spanish women in their Spanish clothes with their beautiful, exquisite Spanish form. Wow. Wow. Did I say, "Wow!"?

In answer to your question, and while I'm no expert so please don't take what I say as gospel on this point because I really don't know (unfortunately) from first-hand experience, yes, can be much much more difficult to get to know, to establish a kind of "closeness" than women from many other nations. I think there's a kind of myth that says that Spanish women are kind of .. well... "free" but that is FAR from the truth. MAYBE they're "free" AFTER you get past that certain point but it takes A LOT of time and A LOT of trust established BEFORE you reach that point. This is my understanding, anyway.

Be sure to do a SEARCH in this category using SPANISH WOMEN as your keywords and you'll likely find a few of those in-depth, insightful, long-n-lengthy discussions about those wonderful Spanish women.

Well thanks for nothing, Don Dela Vega. NOW you've got me "started" thinking about Spanish women when I'm so very very very very VERY far away. Ugh. rolleyes

Regarding their perception of black people, I'd imagine their greatest experience with black people are those (often illegal) immigrants from Africa and, well, I don't think I'll comment more in depth on this topic or someone will surely attempt to call me racist but if you dress, act, or talk as if you're clearly not an illegal immigrant directly from Africa they may well have a different first impression of you.

If your question is "Are they attracted to black men?" well, I can't really answer that but since they're not exposed to so many black men in Spain as they are in the UK or in the USA then they may not be as comfortable with black men there.

Can message board member pim or other native Spanish woman give some deeper insight on this topic?

¡Suerte!

Saludos, MadridMan smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#54845 - 07/03/04 04:15 AM Re: Ladies of Spain
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Hola,I agree with you completely Don de la Vega! I was ridiculously attracted to Spanish Women as well. I say, "was" , because I was able to narrow it down to one in particular. My wife. My experience with my wife was wonderful because we hit it off right away, and there was a friendship that developed between us almost immediately. In fact, almost all the Spanish ladies that I have met, have been very friendly and easy going. But, that was just my experience. And most of the spanish women that I have met have been canarians, which may or may not have been a factor. I'm not sure if Canarian women tend to be more laid back than peninsulares. But again, that's just my perception.

#54846 - 07/03/04 03:52 PM Re: Ladies of Spain
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
Being a black person who has lived in spain I would say that it would take you about a week to get some.It is better to go to the south. Seville or cadiz, Spanish women have this certain look in their eye when they want get with you. They have this stare.Many people stare in spain. But this stare is different. For some reason these girls like people who dress different (hip hop gear). Or if you are tall bald and you look like you play basketball. A lot of basketball players in the euro league go to sevilla (many of the are americans that didn't make the nba. I also met women in sevilla who only go out with black guys. They felt that spanish men were too possessive. Some went as far as to say that thay were black in another life. I would say be cool.Don't get drunk(because that is a turn off to many women) and be friendy and speak some spanish. One thing about the spanish is they take their language ver y seriously and they correct you if you are wrong, which is a plus. They are flattered when you want to learn. their language.

#54847 - 07/03/04 04:57 PM Re: Ladies of Spain
ESPAÑOL20 Offline

Most Spanish women prefer their own kind. I have never seen any black male or female with a Spanish female or male in Madrid ever. Of course, some Spanish females go to some pubs where they know there are black people, but they do it mostly as a funny thing or diversion but they will rarely take serious a relationship with blacks or asians. This doesn´t have anything to do with racism but just preferences.

#54848 - 07/04/04 01:27 PM Re: Ladies of Spain
Don Dela Vega Offline

Loc: England - Buckinghamshire
i think that having good dress sense helps as well. as a black male i am never under dressed. I only wear prada, Emporio Armani, Valentino etc. BEcause less face it with all those charming men around your game has to be like 50% better. who agrees with me?

#54849 - 07/04/04 07:12 PM Re: Ladies of Spain
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Me! laugh

#54850 - 07/05/04 12:25 PM Re: Ladies of Spain
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Hi!,

MMan, I'm a little surprised to be quoted as a possible source for info on this matter...could it be because I'm the only Spanish single woman around?! Oh, that sounds so Britget Jonish of me! Anyway, I really don't have any answer for Don, I suppose I could give my own personal take/view on the "pick up scenario/market", but I've considered myself out of it for a long time now, besides, I guess what would help Don more would be to know the boys' side of the "game". rolleyes

I will comment, though, on the race part of the issue; I think it's all too much of a question of personal taste to make generalizations. I mean, I'm sure MMan's "lack of exposure theory" (which to me explains the stare-related-comments that Matador has made) can apply in some Spanish girls' cases, however, in others you may find that (as many male westerners are specially attracted to oriental women), certain girls might distinctly "go for" black guys, it's all a matter of taking a liking to the exotic.
In the majority of cases however, it's my understanding that being a charming, good natured, polite/respectful...and reasonably handsome/cute fellow, is what really counts, no matter the race of the individual. smile
It's just like the "brand thing", designer brands don't do a thing for myself personally, but I'm sure you'll find plenty of girls that will like that kind of fashion sense, so....

Good luck 'ligando'! cool

Please, can anybody clarify the following phrase for me: "I think there's a kind of myth that says that Spanish women are kind of .. well... "free"". Mmm...is that "free" as in "cheap"? Is that so?, then I'm confused now, since most every foreign guy I know always says that they/we're quite "inaccessible", so, '¿en qué quedamos?'... confused

#54851 - 07/05/04 01:48 PM Re: Ladies of Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Quote:
"I think there's a kind of myth that says that Spanish women are kind of .. well... "free"". Mmm...is that "free" as in "cheap"?
I think this is a carryover impression from the 1980s during Spain's "La Movida" when young men and women were both outwardly expressing their newfound freedoms. Even I had heard stories about how "free" (i.e. sexually "accessible") Spanish women were even BEFORE I met my Spanish ladyfriend 11 years ago. (yikes! eek I'd better get my act together) Upon mentioning this belief to her she said something like, "¡Qué Va!", that it was just the opposite. That in most cases a lot of "ground work" or a lot of time spent together and Spanish women must know you exceptionally well before they'll decide to .. welll... you know.

I'd say that Spanish women ARE more liberal than English women for example. But keep in mind that Spanish men have this idea that women from the United States are absolute sl... ummm... that is to say, that they're MUCH more "free" sexually than Spanish women.

I've never dated any other Spanish women (Hmmmm... rolleyes ) so I can't say with any personal experience how they are. And pim, I only mentioned you because you're the only Spanish woman I personally know here on the message board. (by the way, Don Dela Vega, pim is VERY attractive :p )

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#54852 - 07/05/04 05:30 PM Re: Ladies of Spain
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
I am in agreement with pim. You have to be charming, you have to have charisma. Women are women and not matter how much they may play as if they don't need men, they do. Just like men need women(i cannot imagine this world without them).I think every girl is different but they all want the same thing. Some girls may like the guy with the chipped tooth or piercings or a guy that is well dressed. Whatever you do, be a gentleman. These are ladies( and they are beautiful).

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1810 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments