Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#53656 - 01/21/03 01:09 PM ONCE
janlo Offline

Loc: quebec
hi
i would like to know a little bit more about the once loto in espana...
how come they have outside sales person?

i know that u spaniards must be used to them, but for an outsider like me it puts a kind of charm in the spanish streets...

#53657 - 01/21/03 02:31 PM Re: ONCE
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Hi janlo.

ONCE is the acronym for Organización Nacional de Ciegos Españoles (National Organization of Blind People).

Their loto is more or less as any other: You buy tickets with 5 digit numbers. There is a different loto every day.

The ONCE loto serves blind people (and other people as deaf persons, psychic disminished,...) in two main ways: It gives them a decent payed job (selling loto tickets) and as a financial source for deploying many projects (removing architectural barriers, investigating new technologies to make their lives easier,...).

It is the only legal private loto existent in Spain, and it is quite popular. Not only you can get rich, but you are helping people with your money.

Fernando

#53658 - 01/21/03 02:51 PM Re: ONCE
janlo Offline

Loc: quebec
thanx!

yeah i ve tought it was about blind people... i saw the logotypes on the side of the little kiosque of once, but i wasnt sure.

#53659 - 01/21/03 10:15 PM Re: ONCE
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
The ONCE website can be found @ http://www.once.es

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1629 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments