Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#53610 - 01/05/03 01:32 AM Help on Traditions
musiclover149936 Offline

Loc: California, USA
I am working on a Spanish Project for school and it involves Spain. One of the things I have to fill out is on the traditions celebrated by the people of Spain. Anything that can be given to me or shared, it doesn't have to be descripitive, I just need something I can start searching for and hopefully come up with a lot of different things. Even an idea on how to search for this would be great. Thanks!

#53611 - 01/05/03 09:45 AM Re: Help on Traditions
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
musiclover149936 writes:
Quote:
...I have to fill out is on the traditions celebrated by the people of Spain.
One that I posted a few days ago related to eating a grape each time the clock in Madrid's Puerta del Sol tolls to signal midnight December 31st. Other well known traditions relate to Pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela, final resting place of Apostle James (Iago) (keyword Camino), to Holy Week with Processions where Bejeweled Statues are taken from Churches and carried around the neighborhoods, especially in Sevilla and other cities in Andalucia (keyword Semana Santa). Summer season officially begins July 16 (Virgen de Carmen) celebrated with parades by watercraft in just about every coastal city in Spain.

You can do Carnaval in Cadiz, the Feria de abril in Sevilla, or la Virgen del Pilar in Zaragoza or la Virgen del Rocio near Almonte (Huelva). These are just a few of them. You can probably pick from hundreds of Spanish 'Traditions.' There are lots of them from which to choose.

#53612 - 01/05/03 06:10 PM Re: Help on Traditions
vicente2 Offline

Loc: southern spain
Hola,

Hay una página española que te puede ayudar en tu trabajo sobre las tradiciones españolas. Se trata de www.antonioburgos.com . Busca en el apartado de enlaces y encontrarás multitud de sitios de internet para consultar, tanto de Andalucía como de España: Semana Santa (Holy Week), pueblos y comarcas de Andalucía, tapas y cocina, la monarquía, historia, la copla y el flamenco, literatura,... Antonio Burgos es un conocido y reputado columnista sevillano que escribe en el periódico El Mundo. Puedes leer todas sus columnas en estas páginas de internet.

Para iniciarte, y en inglés, puedes consultar las opiniones de una canadiense sobre España mientras vivió en Sevilla en http://www.saraphina.com/moseyseville/

Sobre el sistema educativo español puedes consultar las páginas del Ministerio de Educación Español en www.mec.es. Consulta en Educación Infantil, Primaria y Secundaria

Si deseas más información sobre algún tema más concreto, envíame un correo.

Feliz Año.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2576 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments