Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#53381 - 11/19/02 06:45 AM SPANISH WOMEN
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
How do you meet good ones. I am studying here at the univ of sevilla for a year. Some of the girls here have no problem meeting spanish men. The American men here are having trouble meeting spanish women. Is there something that we have missed culturally?P.S the American guys here are not ugly.I am curious about madridmanīs story how did you meet your chica.The girls here give me smiles they hang out with me and say that I am funny but in the end nothing.Spanish women members are free to reply to this question also.

#53382 - 11/19/02 07:17 AM Re: SPANISH WOMEN
carmendeespana Offline

Loc: Madrid
Well, I am a Spanish woman and I donīt really have a clue. I donīt know you but if they smile at you, they probably like what they see.

I think the Spanish style is more like being fun to be with. You should tell them jokes, make them laugh.

At least thatīs what works with me.

Maybe some other Spanish women can tell us what they like.

#53383 - 11/19/02 07:19 AM Re: SPANISH WOMEN
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
vale, Guapa.

#53384 - 11/19/02 09:24 AM Re: SPANISH WOMEN
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Matador,

Do you realize that when you talk about meeting "good ones" refering to women, it sounds as if you were talking about 'melones' (as we say here), and not people? rolleyes

Anyway, maybe these Sevillanas you know don't speak a lot of English and suspect you to not be a fluent Spanish speaker and don't even make the effort to find out....or just like guys with the 'gracia', 'angel', 'duende' or 'arte' andaluz, who knows....
Also, if they're smiling at you, have you tried to make the next move?, you must take into consideration that Spanish girls aren't at all used to taking the iniciative in these matters; when I went to Ohio to study in High School, at first, it was hard for me to believe that girls would ask guys out, send them little notes during the classes, that sort of thing.

I wish you the best of luck! laugh

Dr. Pim

#53385 - 11/19/02 09:59 AM Re: SPANISH WOMEN
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Matador...maybe you should change your name from "matador" too. That would scare me off!

wink
Dr. Tara

#53386 - 11/19/02 10:44 AM Re: SPANISH WOMEN
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Spanish girls are something passive on that issues as Pim says wink They won't usually take the initiative.

When I was in Ireland there was something that surprised me (I don't know if in the USA it is the same): People first started to go out, then get to know each other. In Spain (as always it is a generalization...) it is usually the opposite: first get to know each other, then have go out. I think is more practical the irish way :p

Fernando

#53387 - 11/19/02 10:55 AM Re: SPANISH WOMEN
carmendeespana Offline

Why is it better the Irish way? Why try going out with someome you almost donīt know? I think using the Spanish way you get to know the other person and so you donīt rely that much on the looks. I mean, if you donīt know someone when you start going out with her/him... why do you go out with that someone? Only because you like him/her phisically?

#53388 - 11/19/02 12:10 PM Re: SPANISH WOMEN
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
This is an interesting topic on the difference of cultures.

Short Answer about Spanish Women: They're HOT! Hahahahaa... oops. Sorry. That wasn't very Politically Correct. I mean.. umm.. I LOVE THEM!!

Long Answer about Spanish Women:....

It seems to me, from the women in Spain I know (Spanish women, that is), that Spanish women are MUCH more friendly than their non-Mediterranean counterparts. They may not take the initiative to walk up to men in bars/discos but when they are in a conversation they seem genuinely friendly.

So they may be talking, the woman says, "Hey, let's get together for a coffee at XYZ Bar tomorrow!" The Spanish woman is thinking "Hmmm... this guy seems interesting, I hope to get to know him better over a coffee tomorrow." while the "American" guy (for example) is thinking, "Woo Hoo!! I'm dating this Spanish woman!!!" HAHAHAHAHAAA!! Spanish women have told me of calling "American" men, getting together to do things or have a coffee somewhere and ONLY as a kind of friendship - EVEN IF they're not interested in the "American" man. I have told them, the Spanish women, "Ummm.. Be careful because I'M SURE the American guy thinks that you're interested in him as a potential "mate"/boyfriend/"fling". The Spanish women were surprised to hear this from me!

So non-Spanish guys, just because the Spanish woman asks you to her house or a bar for a coffee it DOES NOT MEAN she finds you attractive, sexy, or wants to sleep with you. (well, this COULD be the case, but...) More than likely she only finds you interesting and would like to get to know you better as a person.

I understand it's difficult to get to a Spanish woman's heart in the near-spiritual sense. That they (and men too!) have "high walls" which may never be crossed in the couple's lifetime. That they are often guarded or careful no matter how much of a "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" attitude it may seem they carry.

Well, this has been my limited experience with Spanish women. I'd always heard stories that Spanish women were... ummm.. well... "liberated" and now that I know some, have talked to some Spanish women AND men, they all say the same thing, "THEY'RE NOT SO LIBERATED in "THAT" way." In fact, a man can date a Spanish woman for MONTHS without much more than a kiss taking place. It's probably worth the time spent because, hey, to me, most of the Spanish women I know are BEAUTIFUL or at least VERY attractive.

So for all those Brits, Aussies, and American men which go to Spain to "party" with fresh, young, attractive, straight-hipped, "easy" Spanish women (in their dreams and imaginations, that is), chances are EXCELLENT that nothing much more will happen than a double-cheek kiss upon meeting them.

NOW! How did I meet my madrileņa ladyfriend? Well, I met her here in the USA 9 years ago. She came to the USA, her first visit, to take a summer English course at an academy. One of her classmates was my neighbor, a Colombiana, and she introduced us thinking we'd make a good match. And guess what! We were/are. That's the short-and-sweet story. The long version I'll keep for myself. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#53389 - 11/19/02 12:21 PM Re: SPANISH WOMEN
carmendeespana Offline

I have to say thank you on your compliments to us, Spanish women. smile

I had never thought about what you said here before, but I have to agree in everything you said.

And, I want to take this opportunity to congratulate you on having such a cool site and forum. And itīs so crowded!!!!

You did a great job. Thanks.
cool

#53390 - 11/19/02 01:02 PM Re: SPANISH WOMEN
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Yes MMan, thanks for the compliments....

However, maybe some of the facts told about us nowadays are just a little bit exagerated eek , what I mean is....(do I dare say this? :o !)...., I think Spanish MEN's attitudes these days have a lot to do with the general "lack of action" going on here, specially compared to other places!

'Pedro ladrador, poco mordedor'

(SORRY GUYS!)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1586 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments