Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#52012 - 01/27/02 12:55 PM Ice hockey in Madrid??
JF Offline

Loc: Calgary, Canada
Does any one have information on ice hockey in Madrid? mainly for kids but adult recreation as well. Thanks

[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#52013 - 01/27/02 01:08 PM Re: Ice hockey in Madrid??
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Ice hockey? What's that? :p

There are two or three places where you can skate on ice, but not any single place to practice or see ice hockey (as far as I know). Ice hockey is something we only watch on TV wink

In the north (near Pyrenees) is more common, but still far less extended than in north america.

Regards.

Fernando

#52014 - 01/27/02 08:29 PM Re: Ice hockey in Madrid??
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
JF, I just did a SEARCH using the SEARCH link above/right (it works!!) and found the " Ice Hockey In Madrid " thread in the "General Chatter" forum -- it won't help you but there's some discussion about it at least.

By the way, there are at least two hockey teams in Madrid (suburbs) with websites (sites are in Spanish): Club Patín Alcorcón Parque de Lisboa - Alcorcón & Los Kamikazes - Tres Cantos

[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#52015 - 01/28/02 10:43 AM Re: Ice hockey in Madrid??
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
I believe the place we went to where many Canadians played ice hockey was Club Las Encinas de Boadilla, on the road between Boadilla and Pozuelo (in the western suburbs of the city of Madrid). The day we went the players were adults, and almost all of them were Canadian. Some had been professional ice hockey players before changing professions. They were very welcoming, and willing to play with anyone who wanted to join. They were really good! This happened about 13 or 14 years ago, so I don't know if they're still there. If you want to contact the Club, here's a link to it: http://www.fedgolfmadrid.com/d-boadilla.asp

You may also want to contact the Canadian embassy in Madrid. They may have some info. It seemed to me that there were many Canadians in Madrid with the same interest in ice hockey.

#52016 - 02/11/02 10:59 AM Re: Ice hockey in Madrid??
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
MM: Don't be fooled, as the Club Patín Alcorcón... is a roller outfit. That's what I noticed most from my first trip to Spain in the 80's, especially coming from Minnesota: "roller" hockey is more predominant in Spain. And by roller, we're talking 2x2, not inline...although that seems to be changing.

Back in '88, we went skating a few times in Vitoria (Araba), just south of Bilbao, so what was posted earlier by Fernando would seem to bear out: Ice and ice hockey [the only sport, as far as I'm concerned] is more prevalent in the north...hmmmm....sounds a lot like the U.S.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1588 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments