Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#51672 - 10/31/01 03:30 AM sheeps across Madrid
Miguelito Offline

This Sunday thousands of sheeps will cross over Madrid remembering the days of the mesta.

#51673 - 11/02/01 09:52 AM Re: sheeps across Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
WOW! Is it that time again already?? I'll have to check out www.ElPais.es or www.ABC.es on Sunday to see the photos as I've done in years past. I thought they were considering changing this custom, no? I think it's great. How exciting for city people. Thanks for telling us, Miguelito! Enjoy!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#51674 - 11/02/01 07:42 PM Re: sheeps across Madrid
rere Offline

Loc: palm springs, ca, usa
Will it be going on past Sunday?

#51675 - 11/05/01 11:14 AM Re: sheeps across Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Did anyone see it firsthand?? I read the article (in Spanish) at ABC.es , but would be cool hear from those who saw it themselves. Anyone?

[ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#51676 - 11/05/01 02:08 PM Re: sheeps across Madrid
zero262quick Offline

Loc: Eastern Shore of Maryland
Here is a pic from multimadrid.com of the sheep crossing.

Sheep Crossing
I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.
- Thomas Watson (1874-1956), Chairman of IBM, 1943

"The more I meet new people, the more I like my dog."

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.
- Scottish Proverb

#51677 - 11/08/01 06:54 AM Re: sheeps across Madrid
el Perrito Offline

Loc: Suecia
Thanx a lotu

Can anyone find me some "Moving Pictures" on this ?? And also from "La cabra tirada" ???

Hopeful

#51678 - 11/08/01 12:33 PM Re: sheeps across Madrid
jer Offline

Loc: madrid, spain... the plaza may...
Hey all.

I had a front row seat to the Sheep show and I filmed it ALL! Not only thousands of sheep but a few hundred goats, a few cows and loads of donkeys and horses. The sheepherders had it all well under control though (except for the little presents the livestock went along leaving on the street :p).

It was great, I followed the Baaaaahhhhh procession along the entire route (even in the rain :D).

When it hit Sol, I was seated in front of the crowd of onlookers with my camera at sheep level, I even reached out and touched a few eek

MM, you are somewhat correct, the centuries old tradition is not going to continue after this past Sunday. The idiots at the town hall (headed up by the worst mayor in Madrid's history, a living reason to begin a term limitation law), has decided that it is a "backwards adn 3rd world event" mad ). So, unless they change their minds, that's all folks.

zero262quick, great link to my photo buddy!

MM, don't get your hopes up, once again this year the newspapers here had poor coverage of the event, the real deal was on TV.

Hi rere, sorry, it is a one day event and went on from 10:45am ish to about 2pm. Sadly enough as I mentioned above, it may never take place again frown

Hola el Perrito, as for the moving pictures on the Sheep crossing, I have PLENTY but will need permission from MadridMan to post links to the footage (photos and videos).

Saludos,
jer...

#51679 - 11/08/01 01:55 PM Re: sheeps across Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

jer, allow me! For all those looking for photos/video of the sheep crossing Madrid (and other great Madrid-related imagery), visit http://www.multimadrid.com .

#51680 - 11/08/01 03:49 PM Re: sheeps across Madrid
jer Offline

Loc: madrid, spain... the plaza may...
Actually MM, the "Sheep Crossing" footage is not yet up but I am glad you think so highly of my site laugh

Saludos,
jer...

#51681 - 11/08/01 06:21 PM Re: sheeps across Madrid
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Is it true that in order to keep the sheep moving that they have three farmers from Lepe walk behind them smiling?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1605 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments