Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#88947 - 01/21/11 06:16 PM Madrid: El Corte Inglés - Goya
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I was at El Corte Inglés in Goya today and an older guy infront of me has bought 2 big hams and 2 boxes of wines .. the bill was €380 .. He gave over 2 credit cards and asked for half the bill to be charged to each card . The cashier had to say that a single bill cannot be payed by 2 cards . The guy was going crazy , arguing like mad , and eventually they cancelled the bill and re-scanned the hams seperately to the wines . So 2 bills . It took a lifetime !
I never spend that sort of money and always pay in cash but just in case you're in that supermarket and spending a lot of money with credit cards then you should be aware !

Edited by MadridMan (01/21/11 06:42 PM)
Edit Reason: to specify the city location in the subject line.

#88948 - 01/21/11 06:43 PM Re: Madrid: El Corte Inglés - Goya [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I've never seen anyone charge a bill to two different credit cards, myself, but I have seen people pay a bill with part credit card and part cash. That, also, seems odd to me.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88950 - 01/21/11 06:56 PM Re: Madrid: El Corte Inglés - Goya [Re: MadridMan]
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
I've seen old folks do that in the markets and drug stores and always assumed they were shopping for an even older friend and forging the second signature ... am I an idiot?

#88951 - 01/21/11 07:04 PM Re: Madrid: El Corte Inglés - Goya [Re: Puna]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
You often see people obviously buying groceries for older or maybe disabled people as well as their own groceries , but the bills are paid seperately and usually in cash .
MM , the use of credit card and cash i´m sure would also not be allowed . The cashier was explaining that once the bill is made then you have to use one payment method as their computers will not accept anything else .

#88954 - 01/22/11 04:22 PM Re: Madrid: El Corte Inglés - Goya [Re: steve robinson]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
part cash and part credit card is ok. My kids buy there especially video games and CD, some clothings, done that. Never use two credit cards lol! one is enough for me ::)

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments