Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#47724 - 04/30/06 07:29 PM spanish music
viva_espana Offline

Loc: Maine
hi! I am a shop owner in Maine, I sell spanish objects ,posters,crafts,from every region in spain. laugh Each region has a section in my shop! I would like to have music playing in my shop, can you tell me of some good flamenco,gallego,basque, or any regional music that is good and I can buy in a store or on a website?? wave I would love to know. If it is found on a website please leave the page!! smile ,Thanks,viva_espana

#47725 - 05/01/06 06:16 PM Re: spanish music
jabch Offline

Galicia: Irmandade das Estrelas by Carlos Núñez. You can hear his music here . It's amazing!

#47726 - 05/02/06 10:57 AM Re: spanish music
quique Offline

Loc: alcala de henares
For castillian music, La Musgaña.

#47727 - 05/03/06 07:53 PM Re: spanish music
SalaChic Offline

Loc: Trumansburg, NY
El Mariquelo sings traditional folk songs of Castilla. http://mariquelo.salamanca.org/

#47728 - 05/06/06 12:15 AM Re: spanish music
La Profa Offline

Loc: Milwaukee, WI USA
Are you only interested in regional styles of music or would you like to know about popular music and separate it by regions in your store? If you would like popular music by region, Café Quijano is a pop/rock group from the Castilla y León region.

#47729 - 05/08/06 08:20 PM Re: spanish music
viva_espana Offline

Loc: Maine
Actually I like every type of music!!!! I am going to look these up...the sound nice! thanx

#47730 - 05/08/06 09:09 PM Re: spanish music
Anonymous
Unregistered

I vote for flamenco music.It is so vintage Spain.

Some good flamenco artists are Paco de Lucía,Camarón de La Isla,Gypsy Kings,José Mercé,etc.If you prefer flamenco mixed with some popular music try the groups Ketama,Estopa and Chambao.

A good online place to shop for such music is www.amazon.com as they have a wide selection and offer discounted prices.Also you can find there some good compilation cd's that feature several flamenco artists.When you log on to amazon.com just do a search on flamenco music and browse thru the results and there will be plenty to choose from.

Another good website is www.flamenco-world.com

Good luck! smile

#47731 - 05/09/06 06:55 AM Re: spanish music
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
Hi,
I hope I'm not to get in trouble again here, but while I was looking for suppliers of music by the great Basque artist Benito Lertxundi, I came across this site - Spanish music selection
It may be the site to enquire on traditional (can we say folk?) music from all the different regions of Spain. Of course it may be possible to search on better known artists on Itunes (and thus sample a little of the music).
I suppose that every person will have their favourite type of music, so it's very hard to recommend any one genre...

#47732 - 06/10/06 06:30 PM Re: spanish music
eltorero Offline

Flamenco's great. I would recommend Windham Hill's Guitar collection appropriately entitled "Flamenco."

However, I am biased when it comes to music. I would always recommend Estopa. They are not traditional/folk music, but you'll find most of their songs have a heavy flamenco/rumba influence.

I would recommend checking them out. Not all of their songs seem like they would fit what seems to be your purpose, but I think some would.

You can find a lot of their songs here:
es.launch.yahoo.com/estopa
or click2music.es and search for their profile.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1933 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments