Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#86045 - 12/15/09 07:56 AM wanting to buying a guitar in Madrid
margarete Offline

Loc: south east USA
While in Madrid in January I would like to buy a guitar for my husband. Possible used. Any suggestions? Help would be appreciated

#86048 - 12/15/09 08:34 AM Re: wanting to buying a guitar in Madrid [Re: margarete]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
one of the all time best is here,
http://www.guitarrasramirez.com/

hope it helps

#86049 - 12/15/09 08:49 AM Re: wanting to buying a guitar in Madrid [Re: pedmar]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I donīt know about "used" , but I have a guitar maker near me ( Barrio Salamanca ) ... It fascinates me every time I pass by this small store because the craftsmanship is superb ! Itīs on Calle Hermosilla . There is also a more Central guitar maker on Calle Gravina in Chueca . Bear in mind , also , that the main department store , El Corte Ingles , Has a substantial collection of ( new ) guitars for sale . Theyīre beautiful ... Itīs my favourite instrument by far , I just wish I could play it !

#86064 - 12/16/09 04:32 AM Re: wanting to buying a guitar in Madrid [Re: steve robinson]
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
I think there is a couple of guitar shop here

#86296 - 01/13/10 08:00 AM Re: wanting to buying a guitar in Madrid [Re: eskimo joe]
margarete Offline

thank you for the advise. I have a friend that lives in nearby Calle Hermosilla. We have a time set up for next week. Maybe I will be able to suprise my husband with a guitar. That would be so great.

#86548 - 02/09/10 04:55 PM Re: wanting to buying a guitar in Madrid [Re: margarete]
margarete Offline

Well here I am back in not so sunny South Carolina but my visit in Madrid in Zaragoza was as always just SUPER.
Here is my update for buying the guitar for my husband. We went to visit Stephan at the shop on hermosilla, 136 in Madrid.
I would have love to buy one made by him but my economic status would not let me do that, however he did recommended one for me and that one was affordable. Needless to say bringing it back to the US via Philadelphia then Charlotte was a little adventure but not to bad. It was off season so not many people where on the flight from and to Madrid. a little trickier from Philadelphia to Charlotte. My friend had a good time as she lives nearby and this was also new to her. Thank you so very much to everybody for your help. Once I know how to add picture I will include them with this. My husband was blown away with this suprise and plays some little tunes every evening.

#86551 - 02/09/10 09:17 PM Re: wanting to buying a guitar in Madrid [Re: margarete]
Jim Costello Offline

Loc: New York City
Hi Margarete, how did you like Zaragoza. I have visited Zaragoza about 10 times. My son-in-law is from that city. My daughter had her wedding in Zaragoza and a second reception in New York. They now live in Madrid. Zaragoza is one of my favorite places.

#86552 - 02/09/10 09:27 PM Re: wanting to buying a guitar in Madrid [Re: Jim Costello]
margarete Offline

Jim
I love Zaragoza. I have some wonderful friends that live there and I am always treated special. The city is a great size. Did you get to go to the water exhibits. I heard it was awesome. One of my friends teaches at the University and is a MC at a Cabaret. Now it is so easy to get there by train. By the way love the train ride.
Where I live everything is done by car so I enjoy the traveling this way. I have also met with some of my Spanish friends in Manhatten and love it there very much.

#86553 - 02/10/10 04:31 AM Re: wanting to buying a guitar in Madrid [Re: margarete]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Margarete .. Iīm so glad you went into the guitar shop on Hermosilla ... Itīs fascinating even if you canīt afford to buy . When I was considering guitar lessons I went to El Corte Ingles .. and was shocked at the prices .. much more than I had expected . I didnīt even venture into the handmade places after that since I knew theyīd be crazy expensive ... but so beautiful and unique ... Itīs like owning a piece of art ... Maybe one day when iīm rich iīll buy one jejejejeje . But even the guitars you buy in the stores are sooooo beautiful .... Youīve rekindled my thoughts about learning to play !

#86555 - 02/10/10 06:46 AM Re: wanting to buying a guitar in Madrid [Re: steve robinson]
margarete Offline

Steve
The guitar I bought was manufactured in Toledo by a smaller company Manual Rodgriges & Hijo. We learned about the whole process and it was fun. My husband trreats it as very special. He actually never took lessons, but started to play by his own feelings. Maybe you should reconsider.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments