Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#47046 - 07/07/03 04:52 PM duty free allowance
Snoo Offline

Loc: Mississippi
Hi! I am in Plaza Mayor tonight and am leaving )sigh) for home tomorrow after 3 weeks of touring...and buying! I just logged into the U.S. Customs site and it looks like the allowance for purchases brought into the U.S. has recently been increased to $800. Since I have over the $400 allowance, I want to be absolutely sure about this. Has anyone come home recently with more than $400 worth (the old allowance) of oro, bordados, ropa, vino, etc?

#47047 - 07/10/03 10:20 AM Re: duty free allowance
Snoo Offline

Loc: Mississippi
After making the flight home, I can now intelligently answer my own question! smile The allowance for the amount of merchandise that can be brought back tax free into the US has been recently raised to $800 per person. Even though the the stewardess stated it was $400, said it was the wrong amount but "it was on the card"!
rolleyes
Anyway, I hope this info will help travelers in the future.
By the way, Hotel Plaza Mayor was great. Also went to Grenada, Cordoba, Ronda, Sevilla, Zafra, Santiago, a night in Leon and to the cities around Madrid. My only mistake was in not going to Zamora. Next time...

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1637 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments