Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#46626 - 03/05/02 09:48 PM Birkenstocks in Spain?
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
rolleyes I know this is not very Spanish, but my wife found great European Birkenstock models in Italy for about half the price they charge in the US. But we've never seen any on sale in Spain. Does anyone know of a store in Spain that sells Birkenstocks? rolleyes

#46627 - 03/06/02 05:07 AM Re: Birkenstocks in Spain?
nevado Offline

Real Birkenstocks, I haven't seen. A few years ago (or several) you could find look a likes, after the U.S. was selling tons, but they usually were worn in summer either at the beach or just hanging out. I remember in '90 I had a pair Birkenstocks I had purchased in Germany five years earlier and my roommates (in Spain) nearly died. They thought they were the most hideous things they had ever laid eyes on. Years later she had the look a likes (Panama Jack, I think) and I gave her a hard time.

#46628 - 03/07/02 11:19 AM Re: Birkenstocks in Spain?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I'm sure you'd be able to find Birkenstocks or at least a knock-off equivalent with a different spelling like "Bhirkenstock" or "Birkenstick" at the Rastro or other public "flea market". I noticed that you could always find rip-off Reeboks named "Raerbok" or "Rerwyuk" (huh?) in the "market"...

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2713 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments