Madrid: Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos

Posted by: MadridMan

Madrid: Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos - 01/04/08 12:57 PM

Just a message to remind everyone that tomorrow, Saturday, 5 January at 5:25pm, one will be able to watch the annual parade passing down the Paseo de la Castellana/Recoletos.

It's the annual Magic Kings Parade, La Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos, and the children sitting atop the floats will be throwing hundreds of thousands of pieces of candy to those watching the parade.

One should be able to watch this live via TeleMadrid SAT online. Find the link HERE . It starts at 5:25pm local time.

I hope to go to my local neighborhood parade as I like to do. Should be fun.

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid: Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos - 01/05/08 09:48 AM

Tick Tock! The Cabalgata starts in about 2 hours!! Can't wait to see the one passing through the neighborhood. Will try to take low-light photos and post them here.

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: CascadaDuSel

Re: Madrid: Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos - 01/05/08 10:03 AM

Thanks MM - I actually got the link to work for me and I am watching right now!! They are interviewing people in the stores :-)

Re: Madrid: Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos - 01/05/08 10:48 AM

FYI: One can watch the Barcelona City Cabalgata de Reyes Magos LIVE and online on BTV - BarcelonaTV - via the link on BarcelonaMan\'s Barcelona Radio, TV, Music, and Movies page . But careful, it's being broadcast in Catalán only. I'm watching it now!

This is the first year in decades which TVE nor TVE2 carried Barcelona's Cabalgata live. Now, it can only be watched via the local BarcelonaTV station. ( blog about this here ). The broadcast has already started but the parade officially begins at 6:30pm and finishes at 9pm.

I'll be leaving soon to watch my Madrid neighborhood's Cabalgata de Reyes Magos. Can't wait.

Saludos, MadridMan/BarcelonaMan thumbsup
Posted by: Kipper

Re: Madrid: Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos - 01/05/08 11:14 AM

What is the link, I want to watch too

Re: Madrid: Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos - 01/05/08 11:33 AM

Kipper, to what link are you referring? The one for Barcelona? You'll find the channel through the link I post just above.

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: SalaChic

Re: Madrid: Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos - 01/05/08 12:24 PM

For those of you get TVE in the US, they are running the Cabalgata LIVE right now!!! Also MM's link to telemadrid works too, but the screen is very small. :-)

Re: Madrid: Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos - 01/05/08 01:35 PM

I MISSED MY local Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos !!!

What a shame. Oh well. I'm still watching the Madrid City Cabalgata on TVE. I'm liking their "stand back" coverage much than TeleMadrid's in-your-face coverage with the reporters interviewing people on each and every "float". rolleyes

Feliz Reyes Magos a Todos!!!!

Saludos, MadridMan thumbsup
Posted by: Valenciano_en_Madrid

Re: Madrid: Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos - 01/05/08 03:57 PM

Hi MadridMan!
Did you clean your shoes and put them near the window?. I hope they leave you a nice present on them because you were a good boy last year.

Oh! Don't forget to leave a glass of milk and some cookies for the Three Wise Men, they will be hungry after a hard night delivering presents.

About the roscón de reyes, there is a figurine and a bean (haba) in it.
Who gets the figurine will be the king for a day and will have good luck for the new year. Who gets the bean will pay the roscón.

Feliz año nuevo!

Re: Madrid: Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos - 01/06/08 06:23 AM

Sorry, no. I did not clean my shoes nor did I put them near my window. AND YET, my house is full of wrapped presents so I guess the Magic Kings came anyway since I was REALLY REALLY GOOD all year long.

I've never found a bean in the Roscón de Reyes but did find the figurine this morning.

Did anyone else get to see the Cabalgata in Madrid, Barcelona, or anywhere else in Spain?

¡Feliz Reyes! Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: pedmar

Re: Madrid: Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos - 01/06/08 10:51 AM

it was very nice, another year missing it out of Spain, just console myself with watching TVE.
oh well, life of a nomad.
As they say, until next time...
Posted by: Kipper

Re: Madrid: Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos - 01/06/08 01:16 PM

I found it MM, it was great fun to watch...so colorful and the costumes and performance artists were amazing. Thanks for your web site, it's so informative and helpful for me when I go to Madrid. Happy Newe Year!