Does anyone know the name/artist of song...

Posted by: AgenteMunicipal

Does anyone know the name/artist of song... - 04/06/05 10:18 PM

If anyone here was listening to TopRadio (Madrid) on the Night of April 06,2005 at about 9:58 PM NA-EST (0358 Madrid Time)...what was the name of the song being played at that time...it was sung by a female...(The instruments in the backround sounded a bit like Greek/Italian-style music)

I hope someones was listening to TopRadio at the time and knows the name of the song...as I really like it and want to know the name of the song and artist...
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Does anyone know the name/artist of song... - 04/06/05 10:30 PM

Sorry! I missed it by 30 minutes. Just tuned in now.

Can you remember, say, one line/lyric from the song? We can probably find it that way by conducting a Google.com search.

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Does anyone know the name/artist of song... - 04/06/05 10:33 PM

Unfortunately, I can't remember a line of the song... frown

Re: Does anyone know the name/artist of song... - 04/26/05 10:23 PM

The same song was just on Top Radio Madrid again...but I didn't catch the name...however every second word in the song was "Tu"...

Can anyone help with the name of song/artist ???

Re: Does anyone know the name/artist of song... - 04/27/05 05:07 AM

You might be in luck! I started recording TopRadio at 10:10pm (Eastern USA time) last night - 13 minutes before your posting. Had you JUST heard the song near the time of your posting? If so, I'll listen closely to the first 10 minutes or so of my recording after I get to work and will let you know. OR, had you heard the song earlier? Maybe I missed it.

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Does anyone know the name/artist of song... - 04/27/05 08:36 AM

AgenteMunicipal wrote:
Quote:
.it was sung by a female...The instruments in the backround sounded a bit like Greek/Italian-style music
Hmm.. Greek/Italian-style? The one I'm thinking it might be the woman singing this song now, somewhat slow, with piano accompanyment

Lyrics by: Armando Manzanero
Song name: "No Estabas Tú"

Armando Manzanero is a man - so I don't know the name of the FEMALE singer of this version.

Lyrics:

Esta tarde ví llover - música y letra : ARMANDO MANZANERO

Esta tarde ví llover,
ví gente correr
y no estabas tú.

La otra noche ví brillar
un lucero azul
y no estabas tú.

La otra tarde ví que un ave enamorada
daba besos a su amor ilusionada
y no estabas tú.

El otoño vi llegar
al mar oí cantar
y no estabas tú

Yo no se cuanto me quieres,
si me extrañas
o me engañas,
sólo se que vi llover,
ví gente correr
y no estabas tú.

=====

Could that be it? Anyone know?

Or could it be the NEXT song played called "Eres Tú" by NOELIA?

Re: Does anyone know the name/artist of song... - 04/27/05 10:23 AM

MadridMan said
Quote:
could it be the NEXT song played called "Eres Tú" by NOELIA?
I think it is...

For this good work of yours Madrid Man...I respectfully ask (read:BEG) his Majesty Juan Carlos I that his Highness give you Spanish Citizenship (and me too)...
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Does anyone know the name/artist of song... - 04/27/05 03:26 PM

Agente,

According to your cues and to what MadridMan was mentioning,another song comes to mind.It's also called "Eres tu" and it's by a group from the 70's called Mocedades.The leading vocalist was a female and there were other femaales in the group as well.When I was in Spain recently, I heard this song on the radio quite a bit.Apparently this song was very popular in its time according to the dj.But Agente,if I'm wrong please don't arrest me eh! laugh

Aire soy al aire
El viento no,el viento
El viento no.
Que sin ti soy nadie
Sin ti yo no
sin ti, sin ti,yo no...

Re: Does anyone know the name/artist of song... - 04/27/05 03:51 PM

MadridMan, the song started playing at about 10:21 PM Eastern US Time...it was sung completely by a Female...

El Marques de Concha Espina said
Quote:
But Agente,if I'm wrong please don't arrest me eh!
I can promise that I will not arrest for guessing the wrong song...but I can't promise not to give you a ticket or summonse of some kind... laugh

Re: Does anyone know the name/artist of song... - 04/27/05 04:18 PM

OK Agente,the check is in the mail.And I hope the king grants your wish.

El ilusionista entro en su vida
Metio su risa en la chistera
Y la hizo desaparecer...

Re: Does anyone know the name/artist of song... - 04/27/05 05:58 PM

My wishes of King Juan Carlos I...

1)Make a Decreto Real that Ines Sastre be my Wife.

2)Make a Decreto Real granting me Spanish Citizenship...

Re: Does anyone know the name/artist of song... - 04/27/05 06:11 PM

AgenteMunicipal wrote:
Quote:
MadridMan, the song started playing at about 10:21 PM Eastern US Time...it was sung completely by a Female...
Okay. I've consulted the exact timing of the song on the recording and.. THE WINNER IS.... (drumroll please....) .... well, it MUST be the NOELIA singing "Eres Tú". It started playing - according to my Swiss Timing Keeping devices (hehehe.. that is, the clock on my PC) - at about 10:17 pm Eastern time and finished at 10:21.

By the way, I've just sent you a Private Message.

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Does anyone know the name/artist of song... - 04/27/05 07:24 PM

MadridMan you are absolutely amazing!All of us Madrid and Spain lovers of the world are so very grateful of how diligently you run this website.And also how hard you try to help us in answering any question that we may have about Madrid or Spain in general.

I'm sure that you know by now that there are many of us that have visited Spain and have left there with many wonderful memories.This website is a great way to relive those memories and at times it feels like it's the next best thing to being in Spain.Great job brother and once again thanks for letting us relive those great memories.We love ya!

Re: Does anyone know the name/artist of song... - 04/27/05 10:21 PM

It is most definately "Eres Tu"/"Tu" by Noelia...I looked it up on google...found a sample and played it...

I ordered the Noelia CD with the "Tu" track...I should get it in a few days...

Thanks MadridMan...

Re: Does anyone know the name/artist of song... - 04/27/05 10:39 PM

Agente,ever heard of Nino Bravo a famous spanish crooner of the 70's?He had a song called Noelia.

It sounds like this...Noeliaaaaaaaa,Noelia,Noelia,Noelia,Noelia,Noelia.

Re: Does anyone know the name/artist of song... - 04/27/05 10:49 PM

I've never heared of Nino Bravo before...

Re: Does anyone know the name/artist of song... - 04/27/05 10:49 PM

El Marques de Concha Espina, thanks VERY much for your kind words. We're all here to help travelers BUT ALSO to have a little taste of Spain through these conversations. SO MANY of us have "Spain-on-the-brain". smile

AgenteMunicipal: SO GLAD we solved the little musical mystery. When you get the NOELIA CD would you please give us your review here in this/your thread? Thanks!

By the way, seems they at TopRadio upgraded their web broadcast server. I've not had a blip or a skip in more than a week - nothing but smooth, streaming, high-quality broadcast Spanish music. Mmmmmmm.... wonderful.

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Does anyone know the name/artist of song... - 04/27/05 10:59 PM

Agente,unfortunately Nino passed away at a young age victim of a car accident.I'm not sure about the year that he died,I beleive it was around 1975 or so.He had an awsome voice.If he was still alive you probably would have heard about him. frown

Madridman,I love your cool links of the Madrid radio stations.When I was there I listened to Top Radio,Los 40 Principales and that awsome techno music station.I tried using your link to the techno station but it didn't work and wanted to let you know. cool

Re: Does anyone know the name/artist of song... - 04/28/05 10:07 PM

MadridMan,I was trying to listen to Top Radio a few minutes ago and I keep getting the skips every now and then.I had the same problem a while back and I thought it was my computer but the other Madrid radio stations always have sounded nicely and smoothly.Have you had the same problem?

Also do you listen to MAXIMA FM the techno-dance station?I was trying to find it in one of your links but it wasn't there(Website is http://www.maxima.fm ).

Re: Does anyone know the name/artist of song... - 04/29/05 05:44 AM

Quote:
MadridMan,I was trying to listen to Top Radio a few minutes ago and I keep getting the skips every now and then.
Oh no. Not again. I'm listening now and it's smooth as silk. I recorded last night but the stream stopped at about midnight so I missed nearly all of it. Ugh. rolleyes

And no, I don't listen to MAXIMA FM. But I'll look into it for addition to the Spain Radio links page . Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Does anyone know the name/artist of song... - 05/15/05 03:47 PM

Madridman said:
Quote:
When you get the NOELIA CD would you please give us your review here in this/your thread? Thanks!
I received the CD in the Mail...it's a good CD, especially the songs "Tu", "Yo No Lo Entiendo", and "Te Odio"...

Re: Does anyone know the name/artist of song... - 06/07/05 03:21 AM

I DID IT!!! After months of frustration I am finally able to listen to TOP RADIO without interruptions.All I did was to update to the newest version of Windows Media Player and NOW it comes in nice,clear,crisp and uninterrupted.

One sad note though.For some strange reason ONDA MADRID is now giving me the skips.Before it used to come in perfectly rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes .The other Madrid radio stations come in nicely without interruption.

I have a dial up connection.Could that be the problem? Then why TOP RADIO is fine now and ONDA MADRID is not? I am confused confused confused confused

Re: Does anyone know the name/artist of song... - 06/20/05 07:33 PM

I listened to Top Radio for about 2 hours today, sound quality was good except one blip...

Top Radio is cool...

Re: Does anyone know the name/artist of song... - 07/17/05 12:20 PM

Hey...El Marques de Concha Espina...I finally heared a Nino Bravo song on Madrid's Punto Radio, you are right, Nino Bravo had an great voice...

Re: Does anyone know the name/artist of song... - 07/19/05 10:51 PM

Saludos Agente.Good to hear from you again! smile

Nino Bravo could have been a tenor,his voice was that powerful.He left this world too soon but his voice and songs will live forever,he was absolutely brilliant.

So what about Top Radio? First there were the interruptions and now the server has been out for days.Are they ever going to get it together over there? Well it's good to know that there are other stations like Punto Radio,Cadena Dial,Emision Digital, etc that also play good quality Spanish music.

Out here in San Diego,we also have some very good Spanish music stations.However,the market here is different than in Spain.Here the emphasis is more on music from Mexico and Latin America while in Madrid they focus more on the artists from Spain of course.