Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#71739 - 06/21/02 12:22 PM Madrid:Moving Sale! Back to USA
picara Offline

Loc: New Mexico, USA
The sad face is for the moving part. we've loved it here in madrid and now officially have our tickets back home for July 20th.
Anyway, we have a Pre-natal portable crib, a tv (Saivod, from corte ingles), a microwave (also from el corte ingles, go figure! ;-) ), a couple of fans, and a heater. Willing to sell at rock bottom prices--almost, hee hee--as long as we don't have to throw them in a dumpster when we leave.
Also, if anyone has kids, we have several books in English for under-2 that we'll be leaving behind; I'd rather leave them to someone...

you can message me here and it will get to my email. Thanks, picara

#71740 - 06/21/02 09:26 PM Re: Madrid:Moving Sale! Back to USA
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Picara.. what a shame your time in Madrid has come to an end. BUT, New Mexico is pretty nice and with LOTS of reminders of Spain.

Tell us please, in which part of Madrid do you live? Glad to know you enjoyed your brief year in Madrid.. Seems like only yesterday.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#71741 - 06/22/02 07:58 AM Re: Madrid:Moving Sale! Back to USA
picara Offline

I know, I know. My hubby looked (although not with a big net, if you know what I mean) for a job while we were here, we really had/have dreams of staying. I think once we get back we'll continue to discuss it. In general it would mean a salary cut and other monetary considerations that make it a bit easier to go back home and think on it.

We've been so lucky. Right now we're renting a 62 sq meter place (more than enough room!) in pleno Barrio Salamanca (near Goya, near Alcala) for what seems like a pittance compared to some rents. Prices are going up here. Houses are now SO expensive; not just the euro's influence, I'm afraid. Also pre-euro black market issues, etc. etc.

I'm sorry we missed seeing you and other MadridManners (???) wink :p back in...October? November? Getting a babysitter is always a struggle, and our kid goes to bed at 8:30pm, none of this 11pm or 12am bedtime for our crío! wink

picara

#71742 - 06/22/02 12:27 PM Re: Madrid:Moving Sale! Back to USA
LostInMadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Picara!

Rocking! I'll take the books and maybe the crib! I've got to check the size on the crib first since we've got the tiniest apartment in Madrid! Where are you? Call me at 91 572 0782 and I'll come over and get them this weekend if you're free.

-Russ

#71743 - 06/30/02 05:19 PM Re: Madrid:Moving Sale! Back to USA
katrina Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hey Picara,

We're interested in the microwave, fans, and maybe the tv. You can call me on my mobile at 605207966 or email cturill@tulane.edu.

Thanks, Katrina

#71744 - 07/04/02 04:38 AM Re: Madrid:Moving Sale! Back to USA
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
For me the the heater maybe? Is it an oil one or with elements? Send me a private message on this board.

#71745 - 07/10/02 02:16 PM Re: Madrid:Moving Sale! Back to USA
picara Offline

Update on MOVING SALE:

Still available:

iron (Solac) and ironing board (Todo a Cien, hee hee), both for €15

Black and Decker Dustbuster, €10

Saivod TV, 14" color, with remote, €50

canvas shelving (they hang on aluminum legs--6 square compartments that can hold anything from shoes to sweaters): €10

shopping cart --€5

miscellaneous electric stuff and tools, avail. for free if you can pick it up Friday the 19th p.m. or Saturday early a.m. (ha ha ha): surge control strip, several extension cords, little night light, screwdriver (Phillips, I think), wrench, etc. etc.

Same drill as before, msg me here, or, if you wanna get offline, call my mobile :646 060 797

Can I add a desperate plea: PLEEEEASE take these things off our hands so that we don't throw them in the dumpster!!!

#71746 - 07/10/02 02:19 PM Re: Madrid:Moving Sale! Back to USA
picara Offline

Oh, also avail for free: Madrid callejera map--came with El Pais in Fall 2001, but it's bound and all nice

italian dictionary (small)

tourist guide to Italy (2001 DK)

small rough guide to Rome (2001)

Noah Gordon's "El último judío"

Don Quijote in English

Shakespeare in English (collected plays, nonabridged-BIG paperback)

Lonely Planet Spain (ed. 2001, I think)

rolleyes

#71747 - 07/11/02 03:57 AM Re: Madrid:Moving Sale! Back to USA
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
My apartment has heat so I don't need the heater but soem of the other stuff maybe - I tried calling you but no answer. Give me a call 607746826 and I can stop by after work.

-L

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 929 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments