The graffiti in Spain really makes me ill. I hate it. The attitude surrounding it is too relaxed, in my opinion, and the kids and teens who do it don't seem to think there's anything wrong with it. I've watched kids do it right in front of me, 10 years old, with a wide-tip black marker and it seems fun to deface public or private property. I guess when those same kids have parents whom openly/proudly/casually download music, movies, and software illegally from the internet how can they have any higher sense of property value or morality? HAPPY NOW?! You got me started! GRRR!! angry

Why do we in the USA, generally, have such a low opinion of graffiti?? Do kids just have "better" things to do than spend time painting on bridges and buildings?

If the graffiti was "art" and made some sense, that'd be one thing. But the random doodlings of 13-year old hardly qualifies.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog